Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Going to start playing 5's again after a couple of years away from it.  My old boots have disintegrated in the time spent out of action, so i decided to get myself a new pair.  When did it become so difficult to buy a pair of boots?  Firm Ground, Soft Ground, Artificial Ground (I suppose the ones I want for a modern 5's surface), Astro Turf.
Also, does no one just do black boots anymore?

If you couldn't find a pair of normal black boots you obviously put 0 effort into looking for a pair.

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Going to start playing 5's again after a couple of years away from it.  My old boots have disintegrated in the time spent out of action, so i decided to get myself a new pair.  When did it become so difficult to buy a pair of boots?  Firm Ground, Soft Ground, Artificial Ground (I suppose the ones I want for a modern 5's surface), Astro Turf.

Also, does no one just do black boots anymore?

I had to buy boots last summer for a game down at Dumbarton's stadium. First time I'd bought boots in about 4 years and I genuinely couldn't believe the pathetic choice and cost. I left the shop with the cheapest pair I could find, which were sadly bright blue. I thought I'd be able to get a pair of black World Cup's no problem, but the fuckers wanted 120 notes for them. It really grew my hate for footballers that they've forced the market into such a shit show. Buying boots used to a joy.

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's 3G/4G five aside pitches, so the AG type boots seem to be the ones with the smaller studs.  I ended up getting these:

20324440_l.jpg

Which were the closest I could find to "normal boots", apart from the daft wee sock thing.

^^^^KnightswoodDeleAlli

3 hours ago, NJ2 said:

All I can say is at least they’re black leather.
Would have went copa’s personally.

Black rubber and plastic mostly. 

Copa's are a fine choice. Or Kaiser's if its just for 5s.

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Puma Kings > Copa Mundials

This is true.

2 hours ago, Aidan said:

If you couldn't find a pair of normal black boots you obviously put 0 effort into looking for a pair.

So is this.

24 minutes ago, Mallo_Madrid said:

Copa Mundials are a referees or coaches boot.

They do tend to like their Copa's to be fair, but they're still hugely popular with players. So, aye, bollocks to that post actually.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Are you being as serious as cancer with that comments?

(Pretty flexible the old cancer eh?)

I should've added that I am viewing it through a television screen. 

Female comedians can gtf as well. 

5 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

It's 3G/4G five aside pitches, so the AG type boots seem to be the ones with the smaller studs.  I ended up getting these:

20324440_l.jpg

Which were the closest I could find to "normal boots", apart from the daft wee sock thing.

Those fucking socks make me seethe.

4 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I noticed earlier that someone had spray painted "ISIS" on some road signs.

Makes a change from the usual "UVF" graffiti, but when did it get trendy to write the names of terrorist organisations on stuff?

Never

ETA recently.

Edited by Granny Danger

PTTGOYN next is those that don't ken the difference between beef cattle and dairy cattle [emoji6]

One of my ex"s was a Bailley and milked cows.

Having it pointed out for a couple of years as you pass every field with cows in it what they are and what they do. Yes I can tell difference

And apparently B&W Fresian are ok....all other cows are c***s that deserve the abattoir judging by her views