Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

38 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I used to work in a large office with a Morrisons next door. I'd often forget to take my badge off and, clad in inexpensive but smart trousers and shirt, would often get mistaken for staff. I used to take a slightly misanthropic pleasure in the look of bemused outrage on the faces of elderly ladies as they struggled to understand why the shift manager didn't know where the cat biscuits were, didn't try to find out and found it amusing to be asked.

Used to work for a bank that, at one time, issued us with shirts, ties and suits that were almost exactly like the uniforms given to the staff in WH Smith along the road. 

Always got great amusement when I was in WH Smith and being asked for something, and responding along the lines of "f**k off and find it yourself".

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I work in a school. We were all given brand new lanyards (not that they gave us new ID badges to go with them, and getting them is an almost impossible task involving a bureaucracy more intricate than the Chinese Communist Party) to fit in with the CORPORATE BRANDING. In a school. 

My wife was a teacher for over 10 years until recently. Shit like this is partly why she can't see herself going back.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I work in a school. We were all given brand new lanyards (not that they gave us new ID badges to go with them, and getting them is an almost impossible task involving a bureaucracy more intricate than the Chinese Communist Party) to fit in with the CORPORATE BRANDING. In a school.

Why is this at all surprising, Salvo?  Schools have used corporate branding pretty-much since their inception.  it just happens to be call a uniform.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is very petty but BBC’s refusal to admit a World Cup game is on itv or vice versa.

I fully recognise the commercial reason for this but “you can follow this game on radio 5 live” always irks me for some reason.

STV/ITV aren't as bad as the Beeb for that.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is very petty but BBC’s refusal to admit a World Cup game is on itv or vice versa.

I fully recognise the commercial reason for this but “you can follow this game on radio 5 live” always irks me for some reason.

On the BBC website they indicated which TV channel was broadcasting which games.

PTTGOMN 1 - Just found out I'm going on a business trip which requires me to travel on a Sunday.

PTTGOMN 2 - It's Sunday July 15, which happens to be the same date as a scheduled football match.

PTTGOMN 3 - I'll be getting on the plane right about kick off time and getting off just after England lose on penalties.

f**k my life.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer said:

On the BBC website they indicated which TV channel was broadcasting which games.

Love when the games are on bbc. Means I can go onto the bbc iPlayer and watch the games in UHD.  Finally able to use my telly in the way it was meant to.

The fuckwits around here who seem to think because it's light that morning etiquette doesn't apply. Standing having full blown conversations at full volume at 6:50am as if it's 3 in the fucking afternoon. Arseholes.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The fuckwits around here who seem to think because it's light that morning etiquette doesn't apply. Standing having full blown conversations at full volume at 6:50am as if it's 3 in the fucking afternoon. Arseholes.

6.50? 

Get up you lazy c**t.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
6.50? 
Get up you lazy c**t.

Who the f**k would get up at that time if they didn't need to? Old folk and weirdos, that's who.

and kids.

I have put them in front of telly  so they don't annoy me. They have put Bing on. That whingeing little c**t makes me want to dissolve all rabbits in acid.

and kids.
I have put them in front of telly  so they don't annoy me. They have put Bing on. That whingeing little c**t makes me want to dissolve all rabbits in acid.
I'm spoiled on that front. She's usually sleeping until after 8. But this week she's been getting up around half 7 due to the weather and the dickheads around here. Needless to say she was up about 5 minutes after I posted. Crabbit as f**k like myself because she'd been woken earlier than usual.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Who the f**k would get up at that time if they didn't need to? Old folk and weirdos, that's who.

I'm up at (usually before) that time every day. Even when I'm off, I'm lying wide awake from about 5:30am. It's not my choice unfortunately.  I've never had a full blown conversation in the street with a friend at that time, so perhaps I'm not a weirdo (and I'm still quite a bit shy of being considered old folk).