Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

The problem is that if you drove at 90mph and hit a bridge support nobody would shed a tear.

If you hit a minibus full of handicapped kids then they suffer even though they weren't at fault.

At least they're used to it.

2 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Usually when I'm forced to undertake a lane hogger i like to get their attention and make sure they know what an arsehole they are.

I didn't think doing it infront of the police was the best way to go.

That's quite high on the arseholeometer in itself.

It’s not just about you and your ‘safe driving’, it’s about the other road users too. I have to assume that other road users are acting within the rules and make decisions based on that. If I change lane and some c**t smashes into me because he’s driving too fast it’s not my fault. But we’re more than likely both deid. Just because he thinks it’s a race and not a way to get from A to B.

I’ve a friend who was in a pretty serious motorway accident and he was adamant he wasn’t at fault because somebody ‘pulled out in front of him’. He was doing about 90 at the time. I told him he was an arsehole and should be glad to be alive.

Driving back from Prestwick on Saturday and the police are up ahead doing 10MPH under the speed limit.
I pass them unlike the other Shithouses and all Is great with the world until up ahead of me is some wankstain in the fast lane who is casually going along not overtaking anyone.
I say to the wife I can't undertake this dickhead and blast the horn as I usually would because the police are behind me. 
I sit behind him for a minute expecting the police to pull him over but they're more useless than he is.
Do the Police just decide when they feel like it who is breaking the law and who isn't worth the hassle?

Sorry but why wouldnt you give them a flash or beep the horn, both are used to indicate a hazard so I fail to see why you were worried the police would have an issue with it?

It’s not just about you and your ‘safe driving’, it’s about the other road users too. I have to assume that other road users are acting within the rules and make decisions based on that. If I change lane and some c**t smashes into me because he’s driving too fast it’s not my fault. But we’re more than likely both deid. Just because he thinks it’s a race and not a way to get from A to B.

I’ve a friend who was in a pretty serious motorway accident and he was adamant he wasn’t at fault because somebody ‘pulled out in front of him’. He was doing about 90 at the time. I told him he was an arsehole and should be glad to be alive.
That's too quick for me but still, I can't imagine how the guy who pulled out wasn't at fault as well. Even at 90mph surely he sees him if he's checked his mirror first.

If the person pulled out them it is their fault. As a driver you have to judge the pace of traffic around you, that's part of the process.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
57 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

That's too quick for me but still, I can't imagine how the guy who pulled out wasn't at fault as well. Even at 90mph surely he sees him if he's checked his mirror first.

If the guy is doing 90 then he could have been a dot on the horizon when the other driver started to pull out

10 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That the Art School now seems to be referred to solely as "The Mack" by the BBC now.  I've never heard it called that before.

What with it being Grimbo’d it will be a while before we see the Return of the Mack.

If the guy is doing 90 then he could have been a dot on the horizon when the other driver started to pull out
If the part of the road was a bend then possibly. On a straight I still say the guy is partly to blame.

That’s the entire point. You check your mirrors, there is plenty of room and you pull out. How the exactly are you meant to know that the car behind happens to be going too fast? At that speed he’s hardly in your view. If everyone obeys the speed limit, none of that shit happens.

Anyway, for the unpopular opinions thread: Driving on the Motorways around Glasgow was infinitely better and safer when all the 50mph limit average speed cameras were up. It may have cost me about a whole 5 minutes of my life everyday, but I much preferred it.

On 18/07/2018 at 19:18, Bairnardo said:

Do they take the average between any given two, or over the entire stretch of road they cover? IE if I go through 4 cameras averaging 60, am I then clear to go up to 80 for the next few?

From experience, only one pair are actually live.

Drive past them at night - the ones that glow red are the ones that are watching you.

That’s the entire point. You check your mirrors, there is plenty of room and you pull out. How the exactly are you meant to know that the car behind happens to be going too fast? At that speed he’s hardly in your view. If everyone obeys the speed limit, none of that shit happens.

Anyway, for the unpopular opinions thread: Driving on the Motorways around Glasgow was infinitely better and safer when all the 50mph limit average speed cameras were up. It may have cost me about a whole 5 minutes of my life everyday, but I much preferred it.

If you check your mirrors and can't judge the speed the car is doing behind then you shouldn't be pulling out. Or driving on a motorway for that matter! I always look for a few seconds so I can judge how fast they're going before I go out.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If you check your mirrors and can't judge the speed the car is doing behind then you shouldn't be pulling out. Or driving on a motorway for that matter! I always look for a few seconds so I can judge how fast they're going before I go out.

T-rex2.jpg