Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:
2 hours ago, bobbykdy said:
Not sure if serious but taking you at face value you would rightly be facing criminal charges in that instance, you would have no business being on the road while over the limit or using your phone. Whether he walked out in front of you is neither here nor there in those circumstances.

There was a bird recently playing on her phone when she was supposed to be in charge of a self driving car when a bag lady appeared out of the dark with a trolley and was mown down. Until they have fully autonomous cars that are safer than humans I think making them easier to drive without fully concentrating is a bad idea.

Maybe the machines know what they're doing? 

hqdefault.jpg

The machines taking a Malthusian approach to humans, mowing them down "accidentally". Sacrificing themselves by ploughing into trucks. Fred Flintsone never had such worries with his motor. 

You like what you get used to and know your way around. I was pissed off when Sony stopped making laptops and like Sony mobiles best. Panasonic I like for TVs, Bosch for some stuff, Meindl for boots. I never buy fucking Nurofen though, I'm not demented.

Panasonic is a good example. People would pay over the odds for a Technics when it was the same machine as the Panasonic one. For clarification I’m not saying that everything (especially luxury goods) is available cheaper rebranded. A lot of the mid range stuff is exactly the same as the cheap stuff with a different label.

28 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Panasonic is a good example. People would pay over the odds for a Technics when it was the same machine as the Panasonic one. For clarification I’m not saying that everything (especially luxury goods) is available cheaper rebranded. A lot of the mid range stuff is exactly the same as the cheap stuff with a different label.

I read somewhere the cheap stuff is built with mainly the same parts and in the same factory, but with less strict quality control. There's one big firm actually making most of the stuff, can't remember the name.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

That’s exactly what it was like, i can understand why you would walk that way through crowds and assume people will get out of your way as you aren’t taking a risk with your life but doing it with traffic is just utter stupidity. I still feel raging about it a day later as well, the guy literally gave me attitude after i harshly applied to brake to avoid causing him at very least life threatening injuries. I could well have been over the limit or using my phone at the time and I would have been the one facing criminal charges.

As you should, but I get your point.

I read somewhere the cheap stuff is built with mainly the same parts and in the same factory, but with less strict quality control. There's one big firm actually making most of the stuff, can't remember the name.

I also used to work in a fish suppliers, and there was definitely different quality control on each line dependant on the supermarket. Same fish though. Same workers. Slightly differing standards (you wish). As much as M&S might be ‘better’, the stuff from Tesco or Aldi will be exactly the same, probably with less herbs and spices.

7 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Exactly. When you pay more for the branded stuff you are paying extra for the advertising and marketing, nothing more. The exact same stuff from the exact same factories will be available at a cheaper price elsewhere or more than likely in the same shop. In my younger days I used to work in Curry’s and it was obvious from the box exactly who had made the Matsui’s. The Matsui’s were always about £50 cheaper and if you had a look they were the same TVs or whatever than the more expensive ones. Different name tag, though.

And when it comes to the pharmacy they are legally obliged to have the same active ingredients in the cheap ones than the branded stuff. Anyone that buys Nurofen, for example, is a fucking idiot.

Probably the same people that pronounce Ibuprofen as eyeb-roo-fen.

They deserve the pain.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
16 minutes ago, Cerberus said:
They deserve the pain.

Is the actual drug not called brufen though? I could be making that up but I think that's where the confusion lies.

It used to be known as brufen, now it's known as ibuprofen. The confusion lies with stupid people getting it wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

They deserve the pain.

IBOOFOREN is what I have heard folk saying and it annoys me too. Theres nothing difficult about what is written on the packet.

In the instance of TV manufacturing, they are not manufactured under one roof, only assembly. The components being prepared elsewhere or bought 'white label' from else where. The metal stamping / screen modules / PCB / stands etc would be manufactured by another company who in turn would make components for any brand.

The centre of excellence for tv production for Europe is in Poland (Wroclaw & Lysomice) and you will find all the major brands clustered together in these areas along with the module plants suppling them.

In effect, the are many different cosmetic differences in the brands and sometimes some technology differences, but in effect there is that much common componentry, as hardware goes there is little difference.

And that goes for nearly all aspects of manufacturing. As someone mentioned earlier real differences are in quality control and general process.

Unless your paying over the odds for some very high end bespoke item, it's really irrelevant the choice of brand.

Chances are, the tv you have at home has plenty of 'LG' technology inside it regardless of brand.

3 hours ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

In the instance of TV manufacturing, they are not manufactured under one roof, only assembly. The components being prepared elsewhere or bought 'white label' from else where. The metal stamping / screen modules / PCB / stands etc would be manufactured by another company who in turn would make components for any brand.

The centre of excellence for tv production for Europe is in Poland (Wroclaw & Lysomice) and you will find all the major brands clustered together in these areas along with the module plants suppling them.

In effect, the are many different cosmetic differences in the brands and sometimes some technology differences, but in effect there is that much common componentry, as hardware goes there is little difference.

And that goes for nearly all aspects of manufacturing. As someone mentioned earlier real differences are in quality control and general process.

Unless your paying over the odds for some very high end bespoke item, it's really irrelevant the choice of brand.

Chances are, the tv you have at home has plenty of 'LG' technology inside it regardless of brand.

I'd agree with pretty much all of  that - the only point I'd add is that the design of the set varies  so people may like a particular set because of how it looks rather than how it performs

I reckon there will be a significant difference in quality between a Samsung TV and a Blauplunkt!

You would think that but (unless you mean the Samsung is better)...

"It explains why Blaupunkt televisions have suddenly started to appear on the shelves of retailers who would like you to believe that they share the same German provenance as the car audio units bearing that name. In fact, they come from a Slovakian company which also makes televisions with Akai, Alba, Bush, Goodmans, Sharp, Technika and Tevion badges."