Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 29/08/2018 at 20:00, ICTJohnboy said:

They're all at it, mate.... Sky News, BBC Radio 4 news, BBC TV 6'o clock news.

The only person I've heard pronounce the word correctly has been Sally McNair on Reporting Scotland.

Apparently scallops is the American pronunciation and scollops is the British pronunciation (though spelled the same). Apparently.

8 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

just away to start eating tea and her friend knocks the door complete with her 2 children. what selfish c**t appears at someones door at tea time without warning!?

That’s bad. Would be even worse if they’d done it when you were about to sit down to your dinner rather than just a hot drink.

That’s bad. Would be even worse if they’d done it when you were about to sit down to your dinner rather than just a hot drink.
dont start mate. we had just finished this argument when the doorbell went. dinner is at lunchtime, tea is at teatime!

anyway im now sulking on the bedroom waiting on them pissing off so i can microwave the curry i spent hours making and was really looking forward to. people are shit at times!

14 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

just away to start eating tea and her friend knocks the door complete with her 2 children. what selfish c**t appears at someones door at tea time without warning!?

To be fair people's mealtimes vary. So the thing to say when you open the door is, "I'm just starting my tea - piss off!"

It depends on what they wanted:

If they're handing over payment for something owed, or dropping something off; that's fine.

If they've finally plucked up the courage to leave their abusive partner, and are coming to the only friend they have in the world; that's also fine.

If they're round unannounced just looking for a chat and a cuppa; a swift boot in the pie is required.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:
People that go into completely needless detail, for example: "Have you seen ET: the extra terrestrial?", or "Terminator 2 Judgement Day"   
'ET' or 'Terminator 2' is plenty you weirdo.

I'd say 'T2' rather than "Terminator 2" but then you like to waffle on don't you? B)

Ah, yes, but T2 is Trainspotting 2 these days. 

Why they actually thought stealing that name was a good idea is beyond me though. 

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They are usually under pressure to win football matches.

Celtic Football Club are always under pressure to win football matches. It’s Celtic Football Club, more than a Club, it’s  a Celtic Football Club.

2 hours ago, ah-dee said:

:eusa_think:

2 hours ago, ah-dee said:

anyway im now sulking on the bedroom waiting on them pissing off so i can microwave the curry i spent hours making and was really looking forward to. people are shit at times!

:lol:

Best I can do without risking offending you.

5 hours ago, ah-dee said:

dont start mate. we had just finished this argument when the doorbell went. dinner is at lunchtime, tea is at teatime!

I can't help thinking you should have let off a ripper of a fart just as the wife opened the door. That should keep 'em away next time. 

My girlfriend is watching eastenders, I’m doing my usual and watching Netflix on my phone with the headphones in.

I still cannot understand why she decides to tap my leg and give me a running fucking commentary on what’s happening.