Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:
4 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Heard about that on the radio, opposition supporters bricked the team bus, two players hospitalised with glass in their eyes, then the police arrived and chucked tear gas everywhere which also got the players. Not surprising they postponed it really.

The crazy thing is that they have postponed it but only by a day!

What a difference a day makes. 24 little hours.

Home -made roadside signs that are left in place after the event has passed and/or simply aren't fit for purpose.

This includes ones in which the writing is too small for passing motorists goinfg at a reasonable speed to read easily.  Ones with the hand-writing done in unusually tall but thin letters are especially useless.

Special mention also for ones in which the message is unclear eg Car-boot sale , "this Saturday " .......state the date of it FFS !!!....otherwise I'm going to assume that "this Saturday" has been and gone.

Had to sit through on of those conversations yesterday with Mrs B, her sister and the MIL.

Ohh auld Tommy died.

Who?

Ye ken auld Tommy!

Married to Nancy?

Aye thats him. His laddie was your age.

Naw thats a different Nancy.

Naw your thinking of Nancy Wilson, she ran the wee corner shop, used to go about wi Mary.

Mary Anderson?

Nawww Mary that used to knit scarves for yous.

Ahh right ok. So not that Nancy then?

Naw not that Nancy. This Nancy used to live with Jimmy before mind.....

SHOOT ME PLEASE

In a similar vein to above, taxis (of the private hire variety) in Edinburgh that have come from outwith Edinburgh and have their phone number on the side with no area code. Eg "Call Shug's Taxis 771 771". Don't know why this annoys me so much but leaves me in a seething mess. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Had to sit through on of those conversations yesterday with Mrs B, her sister and the MIL.

Ohh auld Tommy died.

Who?

Ye ken auld Tommy!

Married to Nancy?

Aye thats him. His laddie was your age.

Naw thats a different Nancy.

Naw your thinking of Nancy Wilson, she ran the wee corner shop, used to go about wi Mary.

Mary Anderson?

Nawww Mary that used to knit scarves for yous.

Ahh right ok. So not that Nancy then?

Naw not that Nancy. This Nancy used to live with Jimmy before mind.....

SHOOT ME PLEASE

I often have to ask the Mrs, daughter, mother, mother in law, sister in law (not the same person despite my Fife ties) what's so wrong with a bit of silence? 

32 minutes ago, Northboy said:

When you pay by cash at Tesco self service tills why does your change have to be given in the maximum possible number of coins?

And another thing.....

"Help is coming"

When you've done nothing untoward. 

The machines a bellend :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

And another thing.....

"Help is coming"

When you've done nothing untoward. 

The machines a bellend :rolleyes:

That's not advising you that someone is coming to help you.

It's the machine reassuring itself that the robot uprising is imminent.

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

After getting on a flight from Dundee to Stansted this morning, I’m now in a fucking taxi between Norwich and Stansted airport having circled around in the air for 2 hours.

f**k you fog.

Why didn't you just jump on a train from Norwich to London, assuming that's where you're heading?

Edited by welshbairn

12 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

After getting on a flight from Dundee to Stansted this morning, I’m now in a fucking taxi between Norwich and Stansted airport having circled around in the air for 2 hours.

f**k you fog.

If you see Kenny McLean while you're down there , see if you can persuade him to get back up here for Sunday