Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

he told me I should've let them know beforehand that I didnt want a sticker. Wat.

That's it.  Steak on a bread board is mildly annoying.  Being told that you should have asked for something you didn't know was going to happen is insanely frustrating.

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

This is vaguely similar to something that happened to me recently. I got a major service on my car a few months back. On top of the already hefty bill, I got the obligatory phone call telling me I needed other work done so I told them to crack on. I picked the car up after it was done, went to the gym, came out the gym and noticed a big hideous sticker advertising their company on my back window. I tried to peel it off but it wasn't budging so I took it back to the company and told them to get it off as I didn't pay almost a grand to have my car used as free mobile advertising for them - he told me I should've let them know beforehand that I didnt want a sticker. Wat.

Surely he should be asking you if you want to advertise his company on your vehicle?

3 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Surely he should be asking you if you want to advertise his company on your vehicle?

That's exactly what I said to him. I told him he should be asking me permission to put a sticker on my car but he just ignored me and sprayed some shit on the sticker and peeled it off. 

At least I got the last word and as we all know, that's the most important thing. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

This is vaguely similar to something that happened to me recently. I got a major service on my car a few months back. On top of the already hefty bill, I got the obligatory phone call telling me I needed other work done so I told them to crack on. I picked the car up after it was done, went to the gym, came out the gym and noticed a big hideous sticker advertising their company on my back window. I tried to peel it off but it wasn't budging so I took it back to the company and told them to get it off as I didn't pay almost a grand to have my car used as free mobile advertising for them - he told me I should've let them know beforehand that I didnt want a sticker. Wat.

I'm surprised there was room for another sticker on your car...

5c5e1e8a06e57_ozcar.jpg.a9a4dc1ccfa6580cdb998eeb2b1f1648.jpg

Establishments that employ quirky methods of presentation must assume that they are entertaining kids rather than caring about the food.
If someone served me breakfast on a shovel they'd get skelped square in the pus with the receptacle.
cheeky b*****ds they are assuming you just shovel food in rather than one of the connoisseurs that frequent p&b!
That's exactly what I said to him. I told him he should be asking me permission to put a sticker on my car but he just ignored me and sprayed some shit on the sticker and peeled it off. 
At least I got the last word and as we all know, that's the most important thing. 
is this the guy that planted you in the club?

more than petty really but ill stick it in here. (oohh)

this evenings high winds have ruined my fence and its now just hanging on. its momentum has destroyed half the neighbours fence as well so will also have to replace that. spent about 45 minutes earlier tying what remains of it to pegs ive fashioned and stabbed in the ground. hopefully it makes it through the night.

tomorrows PTTGOYN will be sourcing someone that can replace it all, plus next doors, at a reasonable price and hopefully getting them here asap.

ill happily rip down the old one but need someone in to build its replacement properly.

Could you not just replace the 2 fences with one? Are they right next to each other? And you've got the weekend to do it yourself you lazy c**t.

would need to speak to the neighbours about that as their existing fence is different to ours so would likely need to replace the rest of theirs. i think the panel of theirs that is flapping can be salvaged once a new post is installed. we get on great with them, tend to have a few sunday afternoon drinks each week, so will all be amicable.

could do it myself but would rather get it done properly as ill likely balls it up!

50 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

would need to speak to the neighbours about that as their existing fence is different to ours so would likely need to replace the rest of theirs. i think the panel of theirs that is flapping can be salvaged once a new post is installed. we get on great with them, tend to have a few sunday afternoon drinks each week, so will all be amicable.

could do it myself but would rather get it done properly as ill likely balls it up!

18A12D88-BFDA-498D-AFA6-A004B0FEE940.png

I had a quick meal with a 'friend'' in one of Amersham's delightful pubs after work.  A simple 'steak and chips' for me which was a classic rib eye with mushrooms, tomato and Béarnaise.  Really nice with the steak being cooked medium-rare as it should be.  The food was terrific except it was served on a small bread board with the chips in a miniature Oor Wullie bucket
I know that this is a bit of a trend but what irked me was the waitress server telling me I could have asked for a plate when I commented as I was paying our bill.
Not petty imo, we were out for a meal with my late dad a couple of years ago and he got the Sunday roast dinner which came on a slate. Result? Gravy all over the fucking place.

Let me introduce you to the delights of http://wewantplates.com

Aye, this is an AWS exam so done through Pearson-registered exam centre. 2 in Glasgow, 2 in Edinburgh and then f**k all until Newcastle. Shite.
There used to be a place in Dunfermline you could do exams and it shut down.

Looking at my Oracle exam history I've been to University of the West of Scotland, Stirling, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Dunfermline.

I think the problem can be not all test centres do all companies exams.

Oracle are allowing you to sit them at home now which is good.

10 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Have people always been so rude and ignorant or am I just noticing more as I get older?

Was recently at an acoustic gig and loads of people were talking throughout. Had to ask the person beside me to stop chatting as it was extremely distracting.

I also can't seem to go to the cinema these days without people either talking, eating loudly, sleeping (complete with snoring) or using their phones during the film. Presumably Facebook/Instagram can't wait a few hours for an update from these wastes of atoms.

People are c***s.

5c5f7a006cccb_oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg.6cea2f1704256f66a35f701f26ef95e9.jpg