Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Also: methinks.

Though that is more the preserve of Facebook arsepieces and full-time mummies (99.9% of the time the same thing) rather than P&B.

Youthinks?

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Staying at the mother in laws which is always annoying as f**k even at best of times but today we decided to order a set Chinese meal for 4. It arrived and the MiL took it into the kitchen, I had been waiting for the inevitable call to the kitchen for us all to plate up but to my horror her and her partner walked in the room with my dinner that they had plated up for me without even asking me. I am quite fussy with what I want on my plate, I don’t like my plate to be full and I certainly don’t like curry sauces all over my rice and chips. I am truly devastated that they did this - surely this sort of thing is not normal?

Surprised to read that someone who has twice impregnated Mrs throbber is fussy about where they splash their sauce.

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Surprised to read that someone who has twice impregnated Mrs throbber is fussy about where they splash their sauce.

The Throbber Takeaway Conundrum :

1. He is whooshing the forum

2. He is a bit OCD-ish re. food.

3. His m-i-l just thought to herself "Wonder what I can do to trigger the wee b*sturt tonight...."

Staying at the mother in laws which is always annoying as f**k even at best of times but today we decided to order a set Chinese meal for 4. It arrived and the MiL took it into the kitchen, I had been waiting for the inevitable call to the kitchen for us all to plate up but to my horror her and her partner walked in the room with my dinner that they had plated up for me without even asking me. I am quite fussy with what I want on my plate, I don’t like my plate to be full and I certainly don’t like curry sauces all over my rice and chips. I am truly devastated that they did this - surely this sort of thing is not normal?
I feel your pain, chief. That's horrific behaviour from your in laws.

Is your missus aware of the distress caused by this unsavoury incident?

Surely it’s a “savoury” incident if there’s curry sauce, black bean sauce etc?

9 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

The Throbber Takeaway Conundrum :

1. He is whooshing the forum

2. He is a bit OCD-ish re. food.

3. His m-i-l just thought to herself "Wonder what I can do to trigger the wee b*sturt tonight...."

Absolute man-child. Literally gets his dinner brought to him on a plate yet slates his hosts. 

9 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Nope I’m going to tell her on Thursday on the way home, I’m sure she felt the same.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Absolute man-child. Literally gets his dinner brought to him on a plate yet slates his hosts. 

I didn’t want it bought to me on a plate though - why would I? Why would anyone? I don’t like too much food on my plate even if that means going back three time’s and I don’t like other foods touching, I don’t want my rice/spring rolls covered in chicken satay sauce. I’m getting so distraught typing this out it was so horrific.

There used to be a young guy who worked at my work who when he went out would order a meal and get foods seperate on different plates. Like steak pie on one, chips on another and peas in a wee bowl. I thought he was the only lunatic who "didn't like his food touching". 

He also took his own bottle of sauce to meals as he didn't trust the restuarants to be using the ones which were supposed to be on the bottle. 

Folk who call you while you're trying to get ready for work. Then give the "I won't keep you, but" line until you hang up. Never about anything important.

Folk who listen to shite music on public transport at such a high volume that it's regular volume for everyone else. Today's walloper de jour is enjoying Whitney fucking Houston.

I don't know why, but that pisses me off more than the wee neds listening to Scooter on speaker. Maybe because nobody will complain about me killing them in the coming apocalypse.

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

There used to be a young guy who worked at my work who when he went out would order a meal and get foods seperate on different plates. Like steak pie on one, chips on another and peas in a wee bowl. I thought he was the only lunatic who "didn't like his food touching". 

He also took his own bottle of sauce to meals as he didn't trust the restuarants to be using the ones which were supposed to be on the bottle. 

Well that’s pretty weird but I like my rice and chips dry, once you get sauce on chips they go soggy. Also if you’ve got various sauces touching each other then they are a completely different dish like when you have chicken satay skewers plonked on top of beef in bleak sauce then it’s no longer a beef in black bean sauce is it? I have never encountered anyone making the assumption they should plate someone’s takeaway up for them, particularly one that was that varied.

8 minutes ago, philpy said:

Never mind throbs, it's not the end of the world. 

Here's a wee photo to cheer you up. 

chinese-food.jpg

That’s al lad exactly what it looked like but with more saucy dishes contaminating the plate. That is too full a plate, looking at it makes me uncomfortable. 

I would avoid this in future by not ordering Chinese, without a doubt the worst type of takeaway available in this country. A good Chinese restaurant that's more specific than trying to boil down the cuisine of over a billion people into what Neddy Scots like? Fantastic. The mushy sugary shite you get from a takeaway? no thank you