Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Those adverts for mobile games that appear on youtube where you run along and have to pick left or right to increase the size of your army etc.

The demo gameplay is always so impossibly shite that it infuriates me.

49 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Those adverts for mobile games that appear on youtube where you run along and have to pick left or right to increase the size of your army etc.

The demo gameplay is always so impossibly shite that it infuriates me.

It's supposed to be. It's so you want to play it and do a better job. 

I downloaded one of those games out of curiosity, as I am not very intelligent.

It's literally the same as the adverts - choose between two options based on the simplest of basic maths. Would you like to multiply your wee army by ten, or add an extra three soldiers?

They're supposed to be for young children, surely.

36 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I downloaded one of those games out of curiosity, as I am not very intelligent.

It's literally the same as the adverts - choose between two options based on the simplest of basic maths. Would you like to multiply your wee army by ten, or add an extra three soldiers?

They're supposed to be for young children, surely.

Similar experience, and they rapidly ramp up the speed to make it literally impossible to do anything but mash a direction. It’s as much luck as ability, and you can’t keep up unless you purchase upgrades. Like all these games, it’s about driving sales.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Similar experience, and they rapidly ramp up the speed to make it literally impossible to do anything but mash a direction. It’s as much luck as ability, and you can’t keep up unless you purchase upgrades. Like all these games, it’s about driving sales.

A huge majority of games on the Play Store are unbearable due to ads within 20 minutes of playing it, and literally none of them are worth a penny of your hard earned. 

Not ideal for the gentleman who works nights. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A huge majority of games on the Play Store are unbearable due to ads within 20 minutes of playing it, and literally none of them are worth a penny of your hard earned. 

You'll be too busy limping to play surely.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A lot of the time turning on airplane mode when playing the game can stop the ads as the game can't communicate with the ad server.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Have you considered taking up reading?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Ads for which they happily offer an exit if only you’ll pay…