Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

51 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Definitely this. Also websites that make finding the contact details like a game of Adventure Call.

And then, even when you find a phone number, make getting through a voice mail tree like a game of whack-a-mole.

As for First Bus, 61 5p coins might be fun a couple of time to induce seethe in the driver of the vehicle you’re about to take a ride in…but at least he won’t whip out a pistol and shoot you.

On 18/04/2023 at 11:46, TheScarf said:

The place I work at always send out emails when a former employee has died.  You know, someone who's worked there and worked with a lot of people who still work here.

Got one this morning about a guy who retired in 1997, 26 fucking years ago, as if anyone working here will know who the f**k he was.

Who the f**k calls their dead spouses work from 26 years ago to tell them they've died ffs.

Not Monkey Alan is it??

2 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

"Smart" airport technology like passport and boarding card scanners.

They don't work approximately 50% of the time, leading to even more unnecessary waiting.

The worst of the lot are the fingerprint scanners in the US, invariably overseen by several seething employees shouting at everyone that they're not doing it right, before eventually accepting what they already know better than anyone, that the gear is completely unfit for purpose.

Ah but, 50% of the time they're 100% effective 

35 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Phoning the GP bang on 8:30 to be 15th in the queue. 

Also, waiting 20 minutes on hold to be told the diary for face-to-face appointments opens at 11:30 and the first appointment would be in the week commencing 22nd May. 

Seems to be a standard thing, my own GP is exactly the same. I sometimes question if I should change GP but then all I hear is people at other practices say their own GP surgery is the same.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Phoning the GP bang on 8:30 to be 15th in the queue. 

Also, waiting 20 minutes on hold to be told the diary for face-to-face appointments opens at 11:30 and the first appointment would be in the week commencing 22nd May. 

This sort of thing is wild. Here, you can get a face to face appointment in a day or two, unless you ask for a specific doctor who might be less available. 

2 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Seems to be a standard thing, my own GP is exactly the same. I sometimes question if I should change GP but then all I hear is people at other practices say their own GP surgery is the same.

I once called my old GP practice 125 times before getting through at 8.40ish (starting at 8.00) to be told there's no appointments call back tomorrow. They wouldn't take longer term bookings for non urgent things, at all. 

Changed practice and rarely into double figures of calls now and usually get an appointment that day. This despite people who were with the practice saying it's "a nightmare" to get an appointment. 

Might be worth changing if your practice is a genuine nightmare rather than just a perceived one. 

Incidentally probably 5-10% of these appointments, all for the kids, were necessary but the wife wouldn't shut up otherwise. Not that it shut her up long term, she'd have plenty to say about why they should have had antibiotics for their cough because her mum had them and it cleared hers up even though her mum had fucking pneumonia and not just a cold the stupid cow. 

Anyway, change doctors i say. 

My GP practice uses a service called Ask My GP. You fill in a form online and someone either calls you back or emails you.

It's not for everyone I realise, but its been a fantastic service for me and any time I've used it, I've had either an answer or an appointment by the same afternoon. 

10 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

My GP practice uses a service called Ask My GP. You fill in a form online and someone either calls you back or emails you.

Mine will talk to you on the phone, bluffing you off with no face to face. They promise to call back but don't and then after repeated phone calls they'll give you a "direct email address" to send photos to and they'll email you back. Of course, they don't. 

I had a "last resort" script that if that never worked, they'd get me back in. It never. I still only get phone appointments. On one of these I got offered "something stronger" - after the 'last resort'.

The last time I called I asked for an appointment for a week Monday and was told "we don't run face to face on Mondays anymore now, phone only clinic" from a Dr. sat in reception answering phones.

I recently called my GP because of IBS (Itchy Baw Syndrome).

The receptionist asked if it was an a emergency and I said yes (I had itchy baws, its an emergency).

Anyway, GP phoned within about 20 minutes and was utterly seething that it was only about itchy baws.

Got some cream, problem solved. 

5 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

It's not for everyone I realise, but its been a fantastic service for me and any time I've used it, I've had either an answer or an appointment by the same afternoon. 

Cirrhosis 

7 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I recently called my GP because of IBS (Itchy Baw Syndrome).

The receptionist asked if it was an a emergency and I said yes (I had itchy baws, its an emergency).

Anyway, GP phoned within about 20 minutes and was utterly seething that it was only about itchy baws.

Got some cream, problem solved. 

If there was any justice the GP would have prescribed wire brush and Dettol. 

Edited by tamthebam
spelling

Guest ICTFCwife

It’s when you wake up just to phone the gp surgery bang on eight and you get the automated server going “there’s 4 callers in front of you” you wait and then you get told you’re next in line then the line goes dead so you call back and there now “40 callers in front of you”

The only way I'm likely to be seen by my GP would be to have someone fire my corpse into reception from a circus cannon, and even then it'd be found on the pavement outside shortly afterwards with a prescription for antibiotics.

Not GP related but I wound up in a frothing mess the other day when I was about to leave for work and had put a wash on to hang out before hand. Why are machine machijes designed to have a "I'm done but just try getting the door open cunto bwahahhaha!" phase in their cycle?