Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

It's pretty definitive... that fork and pork rhyme

Nonsense. Not disputing that "fawrk" is how fork is pronounced, but certainly in Greater Glasgow pork is pronounced "pohrk" and never "pawrk"

The problem with using a Limmy sketch to try and prove your point is that the guy is doing a bit. 

If you're trying to be difficult and a pedant then it's probably worth considering the defintion of something "rhyming" doesn't mean that every single part of it has to "rhyme". 

By a dictionary defintion pork and fork and twenty's plenty definitely do rhyme. 

7 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

The problem with using a Limmy sketch to try and prove your point is that the guy is doing a bit. 

If you're trying to be difficult and a pedant then it's probably worth considering the defintion of something "rhyming" doesn't mean that every single part of it has to "rhyme". 

By a dictionary defintion pork and fork and twenty's plenty definitely do rhyme. 

No he isn't, he's 100% serious:

My phone got wet at the Def Leppard Motley Crue gig and there's now moisture in the charging port. It will not let me charge it and it's at 33%. So it's turned off overnight and hopefully it's dried out by the morning and I can charge it in work. 

Emergency wireless charger thankfully able to be delivered by Amazon tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

My phone got wet at the Def Leppard Motley Crue gig and there's now moisture in the charging port. It will not let me charge it and it's at 33%. So it's turned off overnight and hopefully it's dried out by the morning and I can charge it in work. 

Got a wet port once (insert joke here), and after about 6 hours it resumed normal function. Amusingly, using it would likely dry it out faster due to internal heat, but drain the battery…

If you have a source of compressed air, that can dry it quicker too…not canned air, but compressed air. Canned air contains a refrigerant that is liquid and can damage electronics if sprayed too much.

5 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Port rhymes with dirt fight me

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Got a wet port once (insert joke here), and after about 6 hours it resumed normal function. Amusingly, using it would likely dry it out faster due to internal heat, but drain the battery…

If you have a source of compressed air, that can dry it quicker too…not canned air, but compressed air. Canned air contains a refrigerant that is liquid and can damage electronics if sprayed too much.

Hairdryer on a cold setting up to it would do the trick

7 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

My Pixel got soaked going to Scotland v Georgia and had the moisture thing.  Was fine by the time I got home.  

Having a wireless charge power bank is what allowed me to get on the bus home 😂

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

You should write a book.