Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

8 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

See also “the proof is in the pudding” just f**k off!

Ive also seen this used by supposed journalists! 

Don't name names. You don't want to create an escape goat. 

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

3 days out of every 5, I get a call 10 minutes after my wife leaves for work along these lines.

" I think I put the straighteners off but I'm not sure, could you check, it's annoying me."

Not as annoying having to stop what I'm doing (On the Buses usually) and go upstairs on a fools errand!

IMG_0545.thumb.jpeg.2b6e611a7c90c14f6ff9a71d78755605.jpeg

31 minutes ago, the snudge said:

People with hydration vests designed for trail running at a park run

Could they be including Parkrun as part of their longer run? When my brother in law was marathon training we done parkrun together then he ran back to my flat to pick his car up afterwards. It’s not common but some people do it 

7 hours ago, Delicate Flower said:

This is perfectly fine. Although it started life as ditchwater, the accepted phrase has been dishwater for at least 100 years. There has to come a time you move on and accept language evolves to better reflect society.

Be more pacific.. 

The fuckbags did me out of the cushiest job ever in 1999.

I had been a road surveyor for Stirling Council in the summers of 1997 and 1998. The best, and easiest, job I ever had. Council workers take skiving to a professional level. Then they outsourced the surveying to BB. So in 1999 I had to take on a different, shittier summer job. 

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I have just never seen the draw in running for running's sake. Fair enough if you're chasing a ba', but not just running.

That's fine if you're running to something. What about running from something? An irate Fifer, a wasted Wedgie, a fan of a chipper and so on... 

21 hours ago, Swarley said:

Here we go again, people on their pedal stools laughing at those getting simple sayings wrong. 

But some people are just so laxadaisacal with their use of language 

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

That's fine if you're running to something. What about running from something? An irate Fifer, a wasted Wedgie, a fan of a chipper and so on... 

This is probably a good benchmark for fitness. I expect I’d likely get caught by an irate Fifer but should be able to easily escape a wasted Wedgie (sic).