Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

21 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Agree on the false eyelashes. Not so sure about nail varnish being a problem ...Mrs S&V occasionally does it and I'm not bothered. These claws that some folk stick on to their nails like artificial talons are different ... they give me the creeps.

Nail varnish on long natural nails lifts this particular poster's kilt. Those weird gel things with stripes and sparkly things however, have to opposite effect. Especially when the grow out a bit. 

ETA- the winner though in the "how can they think that's nice?" stakes is painted on dark eyebrows.

Edited by jimbaxters

26 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Nail varnish on long natural nails lifts this particular poster's kilt. Those weird gel things with stripes and sparkly things however, have to opposite effect. Especially when the grow out a bit. 

ETA- the winner though in the "how can they think that's nice?" stakes is painted on dark eyebrows.

I think they can be fetching -

image.jpeg.e0e3cd11e79d7df5f5765deecb96665d.jpeg

The eyebrow thing is bizarre. I've had more than a few conversations with lassies where all I can focus on is the strange squiggles they've drawn above their eyes.

Eyebrows are useful things. Must be a scunner when the sweat runs straight into their eyes.

6 minutes ago, BTFD said:

The eyebrow thing is bizarre. I've had more than a few conversations with lassies where all I can focus on is the strange squiggles they've drawn above their eyes.

Eyebrows are useful things. Must be a scunner when the sweat runs straight into their eyes.

Bring back the Jim Leighton thing of putting vaseline on your eyebrows to stop that happening. Now we're talking.

And this may mark me as OFTW, but my toenails are currently painted gold 😎.

46 minutes ago, velo army said:

Bring back the Jim Leighton thing of putting vaseline on your eyebrows to stop that happening. Now we're talking.

And this may mark me as OFTW, but my toenails are currently painted gold 😎.

No shame there. I discovered decades ago that lassies love painting men's nails at parties.

Probably wouldn't be so keen with a fat hairy middle-aged walloper, right enough. Will see how I get on and report back.

This is probably more "things that make you want to wreck the place" type thing but whatever.

GP's. I've heard how much of a hassle folk have trying to get near theirs and it always ripped ma knitting.

I phoned my surgery 10 mins ago for a prescription check thing. It's got hours that you phone or you get ignored basically. What a pile of shite.

On 02/08/2023 at 17:22, jimbaxters said:

Just seen tomato bruschetta on a menu for £9.95.

£9.95 for tomatoes on toast.

Glad that you explained what it was.

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo

"redouble our efforts"

As Spike Milligan rightfully pointed out, if you had simply quadrupled your effort in the first place, there would be no need to redouble anything. Entirely your own lack of foresight to blame there to be brutally honest.

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

No shame there. I discovered decades ago that lassies love painting men's nails at parties.

Probably wouldn't be so keen with a fat hairy middle-aged walloper, right enough. Will see how I get on and report back from prison.

The bit in Heat when Ashley Judd gets a bit hysterical. "I'm sick of it I'M SICK OF IIIIT"

I would have made her do it again.

I thought she was a bit shit in Double Jeopardy too.

Might have been too difficult to reshoot with the boat going by the window at the start. 

Edited by Nkomo-A-Gogo

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

This is probably more "things that make you want to wreck the place" type thing but whatever.

GP's. I've heard how much of a hassle folk have trying to get near theirs and it always ripped ma knitting.

I phoned my surgery 10 mins ago for a prescription check thing. It's got hours that you phone or you get ignored basically. What a pile of shite.

The system still revolves solely around the handful of coffin dodgers who have nothing else to do with their time and would have a second coronary at the idea of using an online booking system. It's the archetype of why this country is such a fucking binfire.

I can't recall the last time I made an appointment with my GP.  When my son was a baby we took him in a few times and you always get a quick appointment with an infant, understandably.  

We have an ageing population, the number of GPs is reducing and there are increased waiting lists for the NHS in general, it's all going to add to difficulties getting appointments.  

A pal of mine got lifted a couple of weeks ago. Reached the end of his tether, went and sat in the waiting room and when the security door opened he charged through and into a Doctor's room and wouldn't leave.

Done for breach of the peace and obstruction of something or other. Binned from the surgery as well.