Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

^ Sits in the front room with the big tinky light on and nae curtains.

I just want to masturbate in peace with the curtains open, is that such a big ask?

A special place in hell (or Airdrie) for the people who park in disabled bays at a hospital without a blue badge. At Forth Valley today, guy in a Ford Ranger pickup clocked the dirty look I gave him but responded with "There's no other free spaces. They need to make the car park bigger". Twat 

7 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

A special place in hell (or Airdrie) for the people who park in disabled bays at a hospital without a blue badge. At Forth Valley today, guy in a Ford Ranger pickup clocked the dirty look I gave him but responded with "There's no other free spaces. They need to make the car park bigger". Twat 

I'd have been sorely tempted to let all his tyres down, though I wouldn't have the nerve.

17 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Been there (literally). There's a huge overflow carpark but means a 5 minute walk. Loads of lazy fuckers never go there. 

I took my dad to Forth Valley in February. My mum's car had the blue badge but no spaces in the disabled bay. She parked a bit further down the car park, and I got a wheelchair to wheel him to the front door. I was wheeling him past the disabled spaces and he had to stop as he was feeling sick. Two young nurses were standing having a coffee. One of them kindly said "I have something in my car" to help. It was an empty cup he could spit in to. 

The car? Parked in a disabled space, no blue badge. Presumably the car would be there for her whole shift. 

27 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

He must have known it's basically impossible to park something like that anywhere in Britain when be bought it. Complete arsehole behaviour no one's forced you to have an agricultural vehicle as the main car you drive about in.

33 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Been there (literally). There's a huge overflow carpark but means a 5 minute walk. Loads of lazy fuckers never go there. 

I took my dad to Forth Valley in February. My mum's car had the blue badge but no spaces in the disabled bay. She parked a bit further down the car park, and I got a wheelchair to wheel him to the front door. I was wheeling him past the disabled spaces and he had to stop as he was feeling sick. Two young nurses were standing having a coffee. One of them kindly said "I have something in my car" to help. It was an empty cup he could spit in to. 

The car? Parked in a disabled space, no blue badge. Presumably the car would be there for her whole shift. 

I've heard a few folk say they've seen staff doing that.  

I would have thought the simple solution would be to start handing out fines to people parking in the spaces without a badge, but that would mean someone giving a shit. Seen this done at the Metro Centre in Gateshead, the Gyle and Braehead so it can be done. 

19 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I would have thought the simple solution would be to start handing out fines to people parking in the spaces without a badge, but that would mean someone giving a shit. Seen this done at the Metro Centre in Gateshead, the Gyle and Braehead so it can be done. 

It’s much the same as the “No Smoking on NHS Grounds” rule/law they brought in no one really gives a shit and it’s not enforced. 

Been through to the QEUH a few times over the past few weeks and there’s always folk standing directly outside puffing away.