Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

11 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I mind similar happening at a gig on Glasgow Green (Stone Roses, possibly). The queue for the lassies toilets was gigantic, but the guys was just a large outdoor urinal paddock type thing. There was more women in there pishing than there was men. Everyone just got on with it. 

Do not tell JK Rowling this.

12 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

44 years old and until 2 days ago on this thread I'd never heard of the cubicles in toilets being referred to as 'traps'. Is this another east/west thing?

They're numbered in accordance with ease and sophistication of one beak habit.

"Ehyup lad, there's one for you in trap 2".

Numbered from closest to door (being one).

You are now fluent in Cocanese.

film drugs GIF

19 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

This has triggered memories from my first day at Primary. The bogs had five urinals and two cubicles.

They were introduced as, left to right: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (urinals) and Saturday and Sunday (cubicles).   

Happy Days

19 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

This has triggered memories from my first day at Primary. The bogs had five urinals and two cubicles.

They were introduced as, left to right: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (urinals) and Saturday and Sunday (cubicles).   

My son's last school had toilet cubicles in the classrooms.  

38 minutes ago, hk blues said:

My son's last school had toilet cubicles in the classrooms.  

My first primary school classroom also had a toilet in it. Well that's what one of my classmates must've thought the play house was given the jobbies that were sometimes found in it. 

6 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

My first primary school classroom also had a toilet in it. Well that's what one of my classmates must've thought the play house was given the jobbies that were sometimes found in it. 

Just reminded me of a story from somebody on here who experienced such an incident all because a (turned out to be fictional) dog got into the playground.

4 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just reminded me of a story from somebody on here who experienced such an incident all because a (turned out to be fictional) dog got into the playground.

Must have been the same (fictional) dog that used to shite in the lifts in our multi.  

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Snoopy? Snowy out of Tintin? Hector? We want to know!

9 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Toasters. It' almost like the toaster manufacturers and bread bakers haven't spoken to each other, especially when a loaf is labeled "Toastie" but doesn't fit in the toaster properly.

It's a gateway drug. You get the cheap toaster, only to discover that bread doesn't fit in it, forcing you to buy a more expensive model and tempt you to toast more expensive bread products like bagels and croissants to justify upgrading. All to feed your addiction to that sweet, sweet delicious buttery toast.

The whole thing's a massive yeasty conspiracy.

2 minutes ago, BTFD said:

It's a gateway drug. You get the cheap toaster, only to discover that bread doesn't fit in it, forcing you to buy a more expensive model and tempt you to toast more expensive bread products like bagels and croissants to justify upgrading. All to feed your addiction to that sweet, sweet delicious buttery toast.

The whole thing's a massive yeasty conspiracy.

If only it was for sweet toast, but when you want poached eggs on toast, I'd rather just put the toast in the toaster once and get on with poaching the eggs rather than have to also keep moving the bread about in the toaster to get it done evenly.

23 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Toasters. It' almost like the toaster manufacturers and bread bakers haven't spoken to each other, especially when a loaf is labeled "Toastie" but doesn't fit in the toaster properly.

Soapy FFC having a meltdown in the kitchen appliance section of Currys

If only it was for sweet toast, but when you want poached eggs on toast, I'd rather just put the toast in the toaster once and get on with poaching the eggs rather than have to also keep moving the bread about in the toaster to get it done evenly.

Get a toaster oven.  You'll never curse a loaf again.

You need to upgrade to the UberToasty3000™, with the attached egg poaching apparatus that deposits your toast and egg onto the plate while you wait!

43 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

Cut the crusts off to make it fit ,while waiting on the toast,slabber the crusts in butter and eat them