Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It was started by Private Eye as a piss take due to the amount of typos it contained.

I know. I know this because years ago when I started posting on here I saw people say Graun or Grauniad - posters of a certain type - and I had no idea what they were talking about and had to look it up. Hideous patter that probably dates from the days of black and white. Get it to f**k.

53 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I know. I know this because years ago when I started posting on here I saw people say Graun or Grauniad - posters of a certain type - and I had no idea what they were talking about and had to look it up. Hideous patter that probably dates from the days of black and white. Get it to f**k.

Ugandan relations you!

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Kill me now.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A new guy joined our team a couple of weeks ago. I popped into his office to say hello. I'm standing chatting, on my way to get a coffee. Holding my Star Trek mug, and I spot on his desk a model Enterprise and Galileo. Well, great, I think. Another one. So I'm chatting away, pointing this out. 

He tells me he and his wife are watching Deep Space Nine. Great, I replied. I'm going through it again, too. 

After a few minutes I realise he's watching DS9 for the first time. He's never seen Voyager, any of the movies, not even heard of any of the shows that started after the reboot. And he's only seen some of the original series and Next Generation. 

I reckon I should confiscate his models until he's earned the right to have them on his desk, but that might be seen as theft. 

Apologies but now going forward to me you are this guy.

I can only imagine what you'd do to the Prof and the new guy if you could... 

black-mirror-uss-callister-e1503662799376.png

On 04/10/2023 at 12:10, scottsdad said:

A new guy joined our team a couple of weeks ago. I popped into his office to say hello. I'm standing chatting, on my way to get a coffee. Holding my Star Trek mug, and I spot on his desk a model Enterprise and Galileo. Well, great, I think. Another one. So I'm chatting away, pointing this out. 

He tells me he and his wife are watching Deep Space Nine. Great, I replied. I'm going through it again, too. 

After a few minutes I realise he's watching DS9 for the first time. He's never seen Voyager, any of the movies, not even heard of any of the shows that started after the reboot. And he's only seen some of the original series and Next Generation. 

I reckon I should confiscate his models until he's earned the right to have them on his desk, but that might be seen as theft. 

Maybe he has earned that right: you may be falling into the trap of thinking that, just because he's married, he can't be a virgin.

On 04/10/2023 at 17:45, Miguel Sanchez said:

I refer you to the answer given regarding the question of the amount of damages in the case Arkell v Pressdram

Arkell v. Pressdram - by Shaun Usher - Letters of Note

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I thought they did that ages ago?

Maybe, I've been buying the ones with the old style labels to get the good stuff but couldn't find any in the shop today.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Maybe, I've been buying the ones with the old style labels to get the good stuff but couldn't find any in the shop today.

Orange Lucozade used to be one of my go-to drinks but I bought some post-sugar tax recipe change and it was gash as f**k. 

21 minutes ago, Empty It said:

They've tweaked the flavour of orange lucozade and its now shite.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Orange Lucozade used to be one of my go-to drinks but I bought some post-sugar tax recipe change and it was gash as f**k. 

Big team found