Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Pretty sure someone mentioned online reviews of products recently and I'm 100% agreeing with that PTTGOYN. I was looking at buying this book for my son's Christmas;

image.thumb.png.5fda8506705e06526b240201c3bcdf98.png

Found it online at a store I buy a lot of things from. It only has a 1 star review so checked and found there is one 1 star review;
image.png.2982e614c391d5c8faeb5012f0e7a109.png

It says "100% UNOFFICIAL" on the fucking cover!

Edited by Swarley

A couple of annoyances this weekend but one has me seething. 

The cemetery is laid out in a grid-like fashion. For folk who can't walk easily they can take their cars in and park next to whatever grave they are visiting. 

My old man is buried at the junction between two of these wee "roads". At the weekend all I could see was that someone cut the corner and drove over his grave, leaving a tyre mark. 

Walking back to my own car I could see that they'd done it to a few coming in or out. 

58 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The cemetery is laid out in a grid-like fashion. For folk who can't walk easily they can take their cars in and park next to whatever grave they are visiting. 

My old man is buried at the junction between two of these wee "roads". At the weekend all I could see was that someone cut the corner and drove over his grave, leaving a tyre mark. 

Walking back to my own car I could see that they'd done it to a few coming in or out. 

That's not acceptable at all. 

55 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I agree with @Swarley that's not acceptable but, annoying as it no doubt is, try not to let it get to you too much. It was probably done by some old duffer with zero driving ability who was totally oblivious to the damage they'd caused, and should have given up their licence long ago.

I was visiting a family grave recently and an old wife (who looked to be about 90 on her eventual return) had parked her car bang in the middle of one of the wee roads you describe and wandered off, leaving others having to reverse and find another way round. Obviously a fair number of visitors are in this age bracket/demographic. Watching her drive off and exit the cemetery, she looked a danger to herself as much as others behind the wheel. Hopefully I will have the self awareness to chuck it if/when the time comes that my driving ability deems me unfit for the road.

Another weekend annoyance: Netflix. 

We added my mum to it last week, costing an extra £4.99. No worries. Except they took the payment for December on November 25th. For years I've been paying on the 1st of the month (ie the day after pay day). Phoned them to ask if this can be put back to the 1st and was told categorically no. 

The only way to get payments back to the 1st of the month is to cancel Netflix completely on Christmas day, then wait until January 1st and restart the normal Netflix service, then add my mum back on the plan on January 31st. 

Sitting in the pub for the past half hour, because I am cool/living my best life, and there's a young wean who has been greeting the place down for the whole time. Her maw has been sitting on her phone totally ignoring the kid, giving "what can you do?" looks to anyone who walks past. Doesn't appear to be distressing her that her wean's upset.

I'm not annoyed by the kid's crying, but by the fact that all the child seems to want is some attention from her mother, and is distressed because she's being ignored. Not sure if it's ignorance or just laziness, but I'm not sure if it's worse that some people do this because they don't know how to deal with a young child, or because they just don't care about it. It's upsetting to see kids being emotionally hurt like this.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I'm very much of the opinion that, once we're dead, all that's left is rotting organic matter, but that is still an exception level of cuntery. I can't imagine the caretakers will be too pleased; that's just as much desecration as breaking headstones.

I've been around a few auld duffers in cemetaries lately, and I can't imagine any of them doing this - they'd leave their cars at home rather than risk it. I think you gain a certain amount of extra respect for these places once you realise you're not far from ending up there yourself. If it was done by an auld yin, they were likely a self-centred p***k when they were young too.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Sitting in the pub for the past half hour, because I am cool/living my best life, and there's a young wean who has been greeting the place down for the whole time. Her maw has been sitting on her phone totally ignoring the kid, giving "what can you do?" looks to anyone who walks past. Doesn't appear to be distressing her that her wean's upset.

I'm not annoyed by the kid's crying, but by the fact that all the child seems to want is some attention from her mother, and is distressed because she's being ignored. Not sure if it's ignorance or just laziness, but I'm not sure if it's worse that some people do this because they don't know how to deal with a young child, or because they just don't care about it. It's upsetting to see kids being emotionally hurt like this.

Maybe she is looking to see who gives the bairn attention and if they are any good with them, she can snare herself a new daddy. 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Don't give it the attention for negative behaviour. Good parenting imo. 

Assuming the kid doesn't have a broken leg or something. 

5 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

Despite absolutely everything at school being online cashless transactions , I now have to split actual cash between 3 envelopes for school photos.

Consider yourself lucky. A couple of years ago the school photo provider changed their bank card processor, supposedly without considering it processed through a Canadian company, which led to most credit cards running up foreign transaction fees here in the Land of the Fee, er, Free. Of course, the fact it was also the first year they did this electronically and provided no clear way to pay via cash or cheque suggests otherwise…

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Another weekend annoyance: Netflix. 

We added my mum to it last week, costing an extra £4.99. No worries. Except they took the payment for December on November 25th. For years I've been paying on the 1st of the month (ie the day after pay day). Phoned them to ask if this can be put back to the 1st and was told categorically no. 

The only way to get payments back to the 1st of the month is to cancel Netflix completely on Christmas day, then wait until January 1st and restart the normal Netflix service, then add my mum back on the plan on January 31st. 

Sounds like they owe you a rebate for six days of normal Netflix service, assuming they are charging the full whack six days early because of the addition. Since it’ll cost them more than that to mail out a cheque, that’s exactly what I’d insist upon, versus a payment reversal. Preferably get the Ombudsman involved just to annoy them/pressure them more. Malicious compliance with the rules, reversed upon them.

On 26/11/2023 at 18:00, Cosmic Joe said:

It takes two defenders out of the box, leaving the attacking side effectively with an extra man advantage they wouldn't have with a long corner. 

As a Hibs fan I have never seen us score from a short corner ( that I can remember). 

a traditional cross into the box however, from say Liam Henderson …..

On 26/11/2023 at 09:32, Hedgecutter said:

The size of the font on these placename roadsigns.  It's for a village, not a place the size of Birmingham.

Screenshot_20231126-092919.thumb.png.3fa9bbf13d29a35948b38999398b47f8.png

I used to stay in Balmedie, and going by the other residents, it would to highlight to the rest of the area that they live in Balmedie. Full of pretentious arseholes.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

I'm not annoyed by the kid's crying, but by the fact that all the child seems to want is some attention from her mother, and is distressed because she's being ignored. 

You should have at least bought the bairn a whisky 

When you see a bus coming and you stand on the kerb at the stop waiting for it and some f*ckwit tourist comes along and sticks their hand out to signal for the bus to stop.

Naw, I'm just standing here on the curb for the good of my health ya tube 

16 hours ago, TxRover said:

Sounds like they owe you a rebate for six days of normal Netflix service, assuming they are charging the full whack six days early because of the addition. Since it’ll cost them more than that to mail out a cheque, that’s exactly what I’d insist upon, versus a payment reversal. Preferably get the Ombudsman involved just to annoy them/pressure them more. Malicious compliance with the rules, reversed upon them.

Alternatively, get if off your chest by posting it on a Scottish football forum and then get on with your life!