Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

For some reason I really fancied some hash browns this evening.

Fired round to Lidl for some. They didn't have any.

Not that they were sold out; they don't sell any. Was fuming. Had to settle for onion rings instead.

On the subject of Lidl, I spent ages hunting down some tinned pineapple this evening (I didn't want a full one, and I'm not a swinger).  Eventually found them having given up, two aisles away from the section with the tinned sweetcorn and tinned tomatoes.

An absolute menace of a store, but I'm presuming they do this on purpose to make you traipse around the place.

"Can't find any oregano; perhaps I should have a look between the washing detergent and the toilet fresheners"

Edited by Hedgecutter

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

On the subject of Lidl, I spent ages hunting down some tinned pineapple this evening (I didn't want a full one, and I'm not a swinger).  Eventually found them having given up, two aisles away from the section with the tinned sweetcorn and tinned tomatoes.

An absolute menace of a store, but I'm presuming they do this on purpose to make you traipse around the place.

"Can't find any oregano; perhaps I should have a look between the washing detergent and the toilet fresheners"

I heard that someone once spent a week lost in one.

21 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

If by “oregano” you mean the type that goes well in brownies, that would be the correct spot for it…gotta keep it near the loo for disposal.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

For some reason I really fancied some hash browns this evening.

Make your own. Very simple and tastes better than most shop efforts. The only shop ones I'll get are M&S 'rostis' which I refuse to label as anything other than hash browns. Onion through them makes a huge difference.

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Where do you stand on people who say "zeen" in Alan Gilzean, but "ain" in Culzean?

Eta: Stewart Petrie's name is one that I wonder about.  Having met a few folk with the surname Petrie around NE Scotland where it's evidently fairly common, they all say 'Pet-ray'.  The only time I've heard "Peet..." used is in reference to Stewart Petrie, and only from fans.  

Any Dundonians (I presume SP is from that neck of the woods) out there heard this Peet version elsewhere? 

I had a Petrie in my class - was pronounced Peetree.  

12 hours ago, coprolite said:

One had just been knocked off his bike  on a street round the corner from me which is always clogged with delivery drivers as there’s a few takeaways. Just drove round the boy. He was probably fine. 

^^^ has a flat at Four Corners.

On 08/01/2024 at 22:29, Salt n Vinegar said:

I find myself becoming irrationality annoyed about what I regard as misuse of language ... things like "decimated" being used to mean anything other than reduction by a tenth etc. The old meaning was just fine, ta.

Well, tonight, I found this headline in the online Independent... "Farewell Franz Beckenbauer, the last of football’s immortals".

A dead "immortal". FFS.

I'll away back to my pedant's corner now.

The original radio 'Only An Excuse' , when it was a very funny one off parody of 'Only A Game' and not the Hogmanay horror show of recent years, featured that very joke....."one of the immortals, he's died now of course".

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I heard that someone once spent a week lost in one.

The lazy poster would have linked Lost in the Supermarket by The Clash, but this is better.

It also highlights my avant garde taste in music, thus elevating my standing in the on line community.

Royal Mail not only delivering a parcel to the wrong address, but sending you a proof of delivery photo showing the 'safe space' as being inside somebody's wheelie bin, on Bin Day Eve.

Thankfully there was just enough to quickly work out the address from the photo. 😉

12 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Make your own. Very simple and tastes better than most shop efforts. The only shop ones I'll get are M&S 'rostis' which I refuse to label as anything other than hash browns. Onion through them makes a huge difference.

This. A bit o a faff compared to just buying them,  but oh so rewarding.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Royal Mail not only delivering a parcel to the wrong address, but sending you a proof of delivery photo showing the 'safe space' as being inside somebody's wheelie bin, on Bin Day Eve.

Thankfully there was just enough to quickly work out the address from the photo. 😉

I'm  having bin day eve.

The fact that I can do pretty much everything I need to regarding my Sky TV account online.

Except cancel it of course. No, they're no too helpful in that regard. Funny that :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure my call will be important to them :lol: 

2 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

Ah, that old favourite. A cuppa tea, egg roll wi tomato sauce, and ... strawberries.

It's a reference to VT's post, I think, where he compares hash browns to "tattoo scones"

1 hour ago, Trackdaybob said:

The fact that I can do pretty much everything I need to regarding my Sky TV account online.

Except cancel it of course. No, they're no too helpful in that regard. Funny that :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure my call will be important to them :lol: 

I cancelled mine online using the live chat feature 

On 06/01/2024 at 02:05, Derry Alli said:

Sleep pattern is fucked and at this time Dailly I've ended up down YouTube rabbit holes for the past week. I enjoy watching food content videos and found a lassie called KarissaEats. She's a fucking darling and eats in some cool places so flick through her videos.

Her voice though. Fucksake. 

Can't be any worse than the two that do food reviews for the Courier surely?