Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Years ago I was working up near Gairloch and staying in a local hotel. I had a couple of pints after dinner and the lass behind the bar was lovely and very chatty. As a happily soon to be married young man, despite the temptation to stay I went back to my room before I had more drinks and made a tit of myself. 

A wee while later there was at a knock at my door and it was her. My heart just about burst out my chest, then she informed me I'd paid with a fake 20 :lol:

This is when I realised life isn't like the movies.

It could have potentially been like a type of film had you said "That's all the money I have. Is there any other way I can repay my debt? *Wink*" 

gettyimages-622039794-612x612.jpg.7c1393033f510e0ddb5410f62b039736.jpg

Edited by 19QOS19

10 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Years ago I was working up near Gairloch and staying in a local hotel. I had a couple of pints after dinner and the lass behind the bar was lovely and very chatty. As a happily soon to be married young man, despite the temptation to stay I went back to my room before I had more drinks and made a tit of myself. 

A wee while later there was at a knock at my door and it was her. My heart just about burst out my chest, then she informed me I'd paid with a fake 20 :lol:

This is when I realised life isn't like the movies.

I still remember being in a pub in Durness when there was a tidy Czech barmaid.  When I asked her tongue-in-cheek "where's the party tonight then?" at closing time, the whole bar sharply perked/sobered up when she replied "in my bed".  Turned out she justed wanted to go to sleep after a long shift.

35 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I still remember being in a pub in Durness when there was a tidy Czech barmaid.  When I asked her tongue-in-cheek "where's the party tonight then?" at closing time, the whole bar sharply perked/sobered up when she replied "in my bed".  Turned out she justed wanted to go to sleep after a long shift.

You probably know where she lives anyway.

This is very petty.

Coat hangers, everyone knows how to use them, correct?

Well, no. My son hangs them the opposite way round. So you have to take it off by going under the rail.

Rips my knitting. What's the f**k wrong with kids nowadays.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

This is very petty.

Coat hangers, everyone knows how to use them, correct?

Well, no. My son hangs them the opposite way round. So you have to take it off by going under the rail.

Rips my knitting. What's the f**k wrong with kids nowadays.

I'll hold my hand up and admit I didn't know there was a right way or wrong way! 

17 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'll hold my hand up and admit I didn't know there was a right way or wrong way! 

That's understandable from a Dundee man. Where a jumble sale is a high class establishment .

43 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

That's understandable from a Dundee man. Where a jumble sale is a high class establishment .

Jumble sales - my folks would take me window shopping to jumble sales! 

image.jpeg.347cbc452ba46f8bcbd00c20b1755789.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Non-English guys going Tonto in the pub when an English team score a goal on the telly.

Dumfries is/was rife for that with Man Utd "fans".

11 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Non-English guys going Tonto in the pub when an English team score a goal on the telly.

Scots that get a hard on for English fitba in general need watching. Almost as bad as the Bundesliga bams. I'd honestly rather watch a Lowland League game, given the choice (no jokes about East Fife and next season please).

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Dumfries is/was rife for that with Man Utd "fans".

I'm not sure it'll be any worse than other parts of Scotland. There's these weird gloryhunter types everywhere. More and more Liverpool and Man City tops are cropping up. It's actually becoming rarer to see younger folk in Utd tops as they've been shite for so long and the other 2 have been on the up. I don't like any of those sides but having grown up with Man Utd being the biggest gloryhunter club, I'll always dislike them most. 

Kunts who go mental when you say you’d rather watch Newcastle United v Aston Villa than go and watch Pumpherty Rose v McDiddy Thistle in the Scottish U18s Lowland West Regional local cup qualifying round.

Those guys do my tits in. 😜

On 07/03/2024 at 04:54, SlipperyP said:

I have a friend who was calling this a "jumbo sale" in his 30s. I'm still not sure he believed us when he was corrected.