Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

Filmmakers taking 'artistic licence' to churn out revisionist drivel. See the film Darkest Hour, in which:

• Neville Chamberlain is shown as conspiring to take down the Churchill administration from within (literally the opposite of the actual facts, and I'm no pro- Chamberlain revisionist either).

• the King plays the crucial role in steeling Churchill's resolve to reject peace negotiations rather than the royal family focusing on their planned slither to Canada. Completely risible, arse-kissing sycophancy to get an honour for the director from those German space lizards.

• Churchill then takes a ride on the Underground to get the feelings of the true people to return and win over Parliament for a continued struggle - which never actually happened.

Fun fact: the only world statesman who actually spent part of WW2 in their capital's underground train network was Stalin. It was used as a bomb shelter/office throughout the Moscow Offensive. 

Fucking Braveheart is up there with The World at War series for historical integrity compared to this utter horseshit and its shut up and eat your cereal agenda.

When have films ever been factual? Watch a documentary if you’re that bothered.

Changing from plastic trays is worthy indeed but taking the opportunity to reduce the number of biscuits from nine to eight is an act of extreme sneakiness 

this-is-my-least-favourite-yet-bahlsen-choco-leibniz-v0-guw4ul826ppc1_edit_36205507055666.jpg

2 hours ago, sophia said:

Changing from plastic trays is worthy indeed but taking the opportunity to reduce the number of biscuits from nine to eight is an act of extreme sneakiness 

this-is-my-least-favourite-yet-bahlsen-choco-leibniz-v0-guw4ul826ppc1_edit_36205507055666.jpg

That's one of my biggest gripes, the sneaky reduction in contents whilst keeping the packaging the same size. Apart from anything else it's so wasteful to over package things solely to make it seem like there is more inside.

16 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Being on Ticketmaster for 20mins before the sale begins. Website immediately telling me it's sold out at two seconds past 10am. I know there was presales but surely not sold out The Hydro already? *refresh page* still sold out. WTF?! Is this real?? "Try other dates" Come out to the full tour list. Go back to the Glasgow date. Suddenly there's tickets. Got my two.

Having gripes against TM/Livenation's monopoly is a legitimate grievance. Their prices, business model and ripping off of everyone is a valid issue. I think this is a Petty Thing That Gets On (My) Nerves because there's still tickets available now. Standing and seating, 11 and a half hours after the sale started. Them telling me there was no tickets at 10am was specifically to piss me off and I think that was very petty of them.

There was a show I was keeping an eye on and had planned to get tickets next month. Last week it was showing as "Low Availabilty" on Ticketmaster, so I bought the ticket when I didn't really have the money for it. Two days later the "Low Availabilty" label had disappeared. Hate Ticketmaster.

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

The Spain Vs Croatia scoreboard having Spain in Spanish (ESP) but Croatia in English (CRO) rather than Croatian.

Consistency people!

Should it not be HRV or something like that? Did they have Germany as GER? (G for Germany!? If you know, you know)

Never noticed but it's going to annoy me now you've mentioned it! 

6 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Did they have Germany as GER? (G for Germany!? If you know, you know)

Yes, they did.

Who's genuinely going to be watching this game and think "wtf is this SPA / SPN playing in the standard Spanish colours?"

If Albania get ALB later, which could easily be Alba, then all hell will break loose.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I think there's an agreed upon standard that's been decided for every game(across sports as well I believe) so that every nation always use the same letters. I guess that when these don't make sense in local language then local broadcasters may change 

Just now, parsforlife said:

I think there's an agreed upon standard that's been decided for every game(across sports as well I believe) so that every nation always use the same letters. I guess that when these don't make sense in local language then local broadcasters may change 

It's all a standardised FIFA code for official competitions. Generally the first 3 letters of the name in English except for a few teams listed in French (esp , sui off the top of my head ) because , well why have it all the same ?! 

6 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

There was a show I was keeping an eye on and had planned to get tickets next month. Last week it was showing as "Low Availabilty" on Ticketmaster, so I bought the ticket when I didn't really have the money for it. Two days later the "Low Availabilty" label had disappeared. Hate Ticketmaster.

Still says there's Limited Availability for another show at The Cathouse... It's been sold out for two weeks 🙄 
But because I couldn't get tickets and subsequently need a gig for July I may take a chance on a random cheap one by bands called "The Rarely Social" ,"Alpha Signal" and "Exploding Onions". Oh, and if/when I buy that ticket it'll be from Tickets Scotland.

4 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

It's all a standardised FIFA code for official competitions. Generally the first 3 letters of the name in English except for a few teams listed in French (esp , sui off the top of my head ) because , well why have it all the same ?! 

The Danish must get annoyed when they play Sweden because it says SWE DEN

21 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

When have films ever been factual? Watch a documentary if you’re that bothered.

It's a film that openly claims to be closely based on historical events - not Star Wars or some other fantasy shite - that inverts the actual factual basis to create a worse plot. The actual story of the Churchill government being formed and getting through May 1940 has more authentic interest and drama than the white hat, black hat horseshit invented by a film director. It's like having a cook take fresh salad vegetables and then boiling them in a pot for 10 hours to do something different.

Taking a selection of the authentic facts and recreating the drama that actually existed would make the film better. And also stop it adding to the weirdo British fetish cult for Churchill and the Royal Family, which is not exactly working out well IMHO.

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's a film that openly claims to be closely based on historical events - not Star Wars or some other fantasy shite - that inverts the actual factual basis to create a worse plot. The actual story of the Churchill government being formed and getting through May 1940 has more authentic interest and drama than the white hat, black hat horseshit invented by a film director. It's like having a cook take fresh salad vegetables and then boiling them in a pot for 10 hours to do something different.

Taking a selection of the authentic facts and recreating the drama that actually existed would make the film better. And also stop it adding to the weirdo British fetish cult for Churchill and the Royal Family, which is not exactly working out well IMHO.

Ffs even you must be falling asleep halfway though your usual boring pish.

1 minute ago, Venti said:

Ffs even you must be falling asleep halfway though your usual boring pish.

I'm not surprised that you find it a struggle to read a whole two paragraphs tbh. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

I'm not surprised that you find it a struggle to read a whole two paragraphs tbh. 

Your superpower is narcolepsy.

You'll make the Avengers or Justice League someday.

1 hour ago, Venti said:

Your superpower is narcolepsy.

You'll make the Avengers or Justice League someday.

Still, I'm sure those weirdo comic book references sounded like an edgy comeback in your head.

Enjoy your night M8.

IMG_20240228_202524.thumb.jpg.1bf692807090b064a0fdac0cc320feb8.jpg

4 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Still says there's Limited Availability for another show at The Cathouse... It's been sold out for two weeks 🙄 
But because I couldn't get tickets and subsequently need a gig for July I may take a chance on a random cheap one by bands called "The Rarely Social" ,"Alpha Signal" and "Exploding Onions". Oh, and if/when I buy that ticket it'll be from Tickets Scotland.

The Rarely Social and Exploding Onions are both great, that'll be a fun one.