Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

East lothian council are arseholes. My fiancee's mum passed away last sunday, and the family wanted to give it a couple of weeks before they emptied her flat, but they were told they would have to pay 2 weeks full rent, starting from the sunday she passed away. Most other regions give you 2 weeks grace, but not these money-grabbing fuckwits <_<:angry:

East lothian council are arseholes. My fiancee's mum passed away last sunday, and the family wanted to give it a couple of weeks before they emptied her flat, but they were told they would have to pay 2 weeks full rent, starting from the sunday she passed away. Most other regions give you 2 weeks grace, but not these money-grabbing fuckwits <_<:angry:

When my Granny passed away last year we had 5 working days to empty her house in the shelttered housing she rented from the council.

When my Granny passed away last year we had 5 working days to empty her house in the shelttered housing she rented from the council.

Fuxake. I get the feeling that they just want to give flats to junkies and alkies these days. In fact, i might stick a needle in my arm just so i can get a council flat.

I just went onto moneysupermarket.com, and checked out mortgages.

If I was to get a £200,000 mortgage (enough for a 1 bed flat / house) with a £10k deposit, I would have £6 left each month after paying my mortgage.

Not quite enough to pay council tax, utilities, eat, do anything except work and sleep.

I see from your profile that you're from West London, is that where you're looking to buy? Bloody hell.

Yes, Northwood area. You could get something for about £120,000 in an area like Hayes, but that is an absolute sh!thole and the increase in life insurance premiums would probably offset the reduced mortgage.

I'm fairly mobile and work from home a lot, so I might save up for a few years then move back up to Scotland on the same salary and buy a house. I priced that too and not surprisingly it was much more affordable.

Guest Tatty Boabie
We have been offered a new house and accepted it,But they now cannot say when we will get the keys,The house has been empty for 7 weeks and is still not ready <_<

Yeah, that is a choker. That happened with one of my Mental Health Patients. Turns out it was a combination of maintenance work that needed to be carried out, and the fact that the previous tenant hadn't returned their set of keys.

That was West Lothian Council.

Hope you get in there soon.

I hate being an old person. :(

A year ago, if the subject of the Vengaboys in Stirling had come up, it would have been a drop everything and go. Now: "oh, Ive got work the next day", "got my driving test", "working the night shift", "who are the Vengaboys? Them? Oh god no.".

I hate being 22.

And another one.

In anticipation of tomorrow, I decided that I should do something about a couple wee tufts of nasal hair I have. Turns out that some big and old kitchen scissors from out of my car toolbox are not the answer.

I think Ive cut the inside of my nose a bit. It hurts.