Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Why'd you not just kick her out?

Because she's absolute filth when she's drunk. Unfortunately she was just too much of a pain last night/this morning to even want to ride.

She said someone tried to headbutt her last night because they thought she was someone else. I laughed. She got annoyed. Proper seething.

Maybe a bit controversial, but see this charity collecting at the checkout at supermarkets, does my box in, on principal.

This.

I pay for most stuff by card these days so when you see these folk at the checkout you've got a choice - tell them not to do the packing and watch the tear-stricken face of the wee lassie or laddie as their paedophile minder says I'm evil or ask the checkout dolly for cashback with some £1 coins which is a pain in the arse.

If I see them I head for the self service tills.

Charity beggars piss me off in general. The supermarket ones especially. If I felt like donating to a specific cause, I would. In all honesty, I'd much rather adopt a snow leopard, than give a tenner to cancer research.

Some idiot recruiter in Aberdeen train station the other week was shocked, when I laughed after he asked if I wanted to 'join up'. He looked even more enraged when I refused his plea for a 'help the heroes' donation, before wandering in to the pub!

If any group of people deserve a collective kick in the pie its these fuckers. Trying to walk along the street and there they are jumping in front of you waving their arms around trying to engage you in conversation trying to sign you up to a direct debit for whatever charity. f**k off, it actually discourages me from donating.

Guest The Phoenix

This.

I pay for most stuff by card these days so when you see these folk at the checkout you've got a choice - tell them not to do the packing and watch the tear-stricken face of the wee lassie or laddie as their paedophile minder says I'm evil or ask the checkout dolly for cashback with some £1 coins which is a pain in the arse.

If I see them I head for the self service tills.

Can't see the problem. Always make sure you've got a few 2p and/or 1p coins in your pocket before you head to the supermarket. The collectors have got no idea what you're chucking in the bucket and thrown at the right pace they make a good clatter which generally receives a big smile and an even bigger thank you.

I was a near-professional supermarket bag packer with the Scouts during school holidays to fundraise for trips abroad (big difference between charity and fund raisers though I guess). If I asked "do you want your bags packed?" and then they said no then I was perfectly cool with that. Gave me an opportunity to sit down and give my aching legs a welcome rest for a few minutes. However, a lot of folk would ask what I was doing it for and would stick some change into the tin - hopefully not out of guilt. :(

Career highlight was definitely a woman coming through with two items - a cucumber and a packet of condoms (bet she's loving the self service checkouts now).

Eta: Which reminds me, I saw a packet of 'reduced to clear' condoms sitting pride of place in front of the till in a BP garage yesterday. WTF?

Edited by Hedgecutter

Guest The Phoenix

Which reminds me, I saw a packet of 'reduced to clear' condoms sitting pride of place in front of the till in a BP garage yesterday. WTF?

Stiff competition?

Eta: Which reminds me, I saw a packet of 'reduced to clear' condoms sitting pride of place in front of the till in a BP garage yesterday. WTF?

The Co-Op pharmacy in Alloa always has a big stack of reduced-to-clear condoms by the private consultation room.

Fill your boots, people.

Because she's absolute filth when she's drunk. Unfortunately she was just too much of a pain last night/this morning to even want to ride.

She said someone tried to headbutt her last night because they thought she was someone else. I laughed. She got annoyed. Proper seething.

She wants you to cheer up but gets annoyed when you start laughing?

She wants to make her mind up. Typical woman.

If any group of people deserve a collective kick in the pie its these fuckers. Trying to walk along the street and there they are jumping in front of you waving their arms around trying to engage you in conversation trying to sign you up to a direct debit for whatever charity. f**k off, it actually discourages me from donating.

This is when earphones come in handy, just put your head down and barge past, pretending you don't see/hear them!

There's fucking wasps everywhere.

They are brutal thus year. Mild winter.. my gripe is those little seedling things that are around. Open the car and they rush in. Turn on a blower and they attack through they vents.

This is when earphones come in handy, just put your head down and barge past, pretending you don't see/hear them!

That's what pussies do. Don't ignore them; firmly make eye contact and give them the 'look'. If they dare to still approach you then a slow shake of the head will suffice.

So was it you who tried to headbutt her because you thought she was a drunken filthy ride, but she turned out to be a drunken seething mess?

:lol: aye maybe.

But seriously after talking to her this morning it seems that she is aware she was a total cow and the whole headbutt situation was a huge exaggeration to someone brushing past her. She really grinds my gears sometimes but she's usually pretty sound.

Couple of things.

First. People who go out for dinner, buy a meal and don't finish it. For example, they buy haddock, chips and salad. The fish and chips are eaten, but the salad left behind. Now, the person knows the fish and chips comes with a salad. Why do they have it if they aren't going to eat it? Why didn't they request peas or something else instead? The reason this bothers me it's because when I go to clear a table, taking plates to the kitchen and clearing them - it winds me up scraping tons of food away into the bin. I don't understand why folk leave food behind like that. Fair enough if you've had your fill, you can't eat anymore. But leaving a whole portion of something? That suggests to me they didn't like that portion so chose not to eat it, despite the menu saying this particular food would be on the plate. Shitebaggery.

Second of all, this "ice nomination" shite on fb. Fair enough it's for a good cause, but why do people get Into it so much? Wow, you got a bucket of cold water poured onto you. How brave and exciting! I think I might make up my own nomination game on fb seeing as everyone's at it. Pour a tin of beans on myself in my garden perhaps, or maybe run outside into the rain in my punders. That'll be funny.

Load of total fucking shite.

Second of all, this "ice nomination" shite on fb. Fair enough it's for a good cause, but why do people get Into it so much? Wow, you got a bucket of cold water poured onto you. How brave and exciting! I think I might make up my own nomination game on fb seeing as everyone's at it. Pour a tin of beans on myself in my garden perhaps, or maybe run outside into the rain in my punders. That'll be funny.

Load of total fucking shite.

I thought of a Facebook challenge - eating chillis. It would be funny as f**k. Funnier than standing in a bucket of cold water anyhow.

I nominate Jamamafegan.

Couple of things.

First. People who go out for dinner, buy a meal and don't finish it. For example, they buy haddock, chips and salad. The fish and chips are eaten, but the salad left behind. Now, the person knows the fish and chips comes with a salad. Why do they have it if they aren't going to eat it? Why didn't they request peas or something else instead? The reason this bothers me it's because when I go to clear a table, taking plates to the kitchen and clearing them - it winds me up scraping tons of food away into the bin. I don't understand why folk leave food behind like that. Fair enough if you've had your fill, you can't eat anymore. But leaving a whole portion of something? That suggests to me they didn't like that portion so chose not to eat it, despite the menu saying this particular food would be on the plate. Shitebaggery.

Menus only rarely list everything that goes on the plate and even when they do, waitresses rarely listen when you tell them "no salad" or whatever. If I ask for fish and chips, that's what I want- not fish, chips and rabbit food. Similarly if I order a steak pie, I'm not ordering a steak, onion and mushroom pie.

Bottom line is, shut yer pus and bring me the bill. No tip for you you moralising c**t.