Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My gripe is after paying for fuel etc. Please feel free to leave pump. Asap. Do not apply lipstick. Do not muck about with wallet and cards. Do not start a three course meal. Please leave the area.

Erm, you mean the ones who've been posting in this thread? The ones that said they drive around said cars and don't understand why other people don't?

I think mark is saying he does wait and wondered why people get angry because they don't wait.

I'm too busy looking at birds arses tbh.

:-)

Heh, the only time I've ever made an arse of putting petrol in was when I didn't even do it on the opposite side. I was dripping with petrol. Went home stinking. Stuck everything I was wearing in the washing machine along with other clothes. So my entire wash stank of petrol. The house stank of petrol. Had a shower. Still smelled of petrol. Even the fecking shower stank of petrol.

Moral of this story. Petrol smells. Cardinal Richelieu is an idiot.

I maintain to this day the nozzle was faulty. I've pumped fuel (that sounds wrong) thousnads of times without incident.

Actually, and this is possibly the most petty thing I've ever got annoyed about... news reports that talk about price rises "at the pump".

"At the pump" - all innuendo aside, raises my heckles as much as "my bad". No idea why.

Guest The Phoenix
My gripe is after paying for fuel etc. Please feel free to leave pump. Asap. Do not apply lipstick. Do not muck about with wallet and cards. Do not start a three course meal. Please leave the area.

My gripe is with people who buy "etc" leaving their car blocking a pump whilst doing so.

Online recruitment sites that recycle the same jobs again and again. I've seen jobs advertised today that I'm on the third stage of the interview process for and others that I know have been filled.

While I'm at it, job descriptions that waffle on and on without actually telling you what the job is.

My gripe is with people who buy "etc" leaving their car blocking a pump whilst doing so.

They should move their car first.

Whenever you see CCTV footage of people leaving petrol stations without paying, a member of staff usually comes tearing out after the car for some reason. I figure that most people would expect something along those lines and could do without the humiliation.

At larger petrol stations you could then have a queue of 10 people blocking the exit, especially if they decide to browse in the shop.

Imagine the seethe if they could have paid at the pump instead!

In fact, it's a great idea - the meltdown potential is endless.

People complaining about the water wasted doing the ice bucket challenge, think of the people in Africa etc..

Now I'd reckon they'd have a point if the water we didn't use here was transported to these places.

It's not.