Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Another moan about cars. Why do some people leave their headlights on when sitting in the car and parked on the wrong side of the road facing oncoming traffic. It can be bloody blinding. Side lights are adequate enough. Taxi drivers, yes you lot, are guilty of this when they pick up and drop off fares.

I seem to be the only person in central Glasgow that tries to avoid bumping in to people. If they are not glued to a phone, they are charging toward some point on the horizon, regardless of who or what is unfortunate enough to get in front of them.

Whatever you do, don't visit London, you'll have an aneurysm!

Another moan about cars. Why do some people leave their headlights on when sitting in the car and parked on the wrong side of the road facing oncoming traffic. It can be bloody blinding. Side lights are adequate enough. Taxi drivers, yes you lot, are guilty of this when they pick up and drop off fares.

Isn't that illegal? Parking the opposite way to the traffic flow?

All good supermarkets operate a '3's a crowd' policy at the checkouts and kiosk. If three or more customers are waiting, extra staff are called.

But no, not Tesco's at Hermiston Gait! They'll happily allow a massive queue 15 deep at the kiosk, and ugly wee troll wife will be in absolutely no hurry and stand blethering pish as the queue grows!

Actually raging.

There's your answer

Isn't that illegal? Parking the opposite way to the traffic flow?

I got a ticket for that in Belgrade. I only had an out of date provisional driving licence at the time though so thought it wise to rip it up and flee the country.

I got a ticket for that in Belgrade. I only had an out of date provisional driving licence at the time though so thought it wise to rip it up and flee the country.

I'd start learning Serbian asap if I were you. The authorities there and the British embassy over there are probably discussing your imminent extradition right now...

I'd start learning Serbian asap if I were you. The authorities there and the British embassy over there are probably discussing your imminent extradition right now...

I'm hoping the file got lost after Tito and Yugoslavia died, it was a while ago.

Also, the auld wifie who serves pizza at my canteen. Whenever I go on a weekly basis (for a couple of months now), she seems amazed (or maybe disgusted) at the prospect of carrying a single slice away on a napkin. I must have a 30 sec debate every time as to why I don't need it in a polystyrene box or sandwiched between two cardboard plates.