Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This could be a big one.

I went along to the bank about an hour ago to open a new account. My mother was going to the ASDA, so she told me to go find her when I was finished. I was in the queue and she past the bank and shouted on me, I was just about to be dealt with, so I told her to go on ahead and I'll find her, thinking that by the time it takes me to do what I have to do, she'll have finished and she'll be back up at the bank.

I get to the front and tell the guy I'm looking to open a new account.

Man - Right, no one can see you today I'm afraid.

Me - That's no problem.

Man - I can make an appointment for you now if you like?

Me - Yes please.

Man - What days would you be available?

Me - Well, I can't do Saturday, so apart from that I'm fine. Ideally it would be tomorrow.

Man - Right. We actually don't have anything until Tuesday.

Me - Okay, I'll do that then.

So I book an appointment for Tuesday. It's a little inconvenient because I have a gig on Tuesday, but it's not going to interfere with that, so that's fine. Now, I pass "Tim Land" in the Forge. They are showing an England vs Ireland game from god knows when. I hear two sellik fans inside the shop spouting a bit of bigotry. Nothing new there, I hear it all the time down my way, sadly. Then I pass the stereotypical fat, baldy, replica top clad human waste that is the Rangers fan. Now he's walking past giving it all the ****** b*****ds of the day.

I really, really hate the old firm. I hope they meet in the carpark and kick the shite out of each other.

Anyway, I go to ASDA and my mother is nowhere to be found. I try walking down every isle, then walking along the fish bit at the top where I can see down each isle as I pass. She's not there. I continue walking about like an idiot for nearly 15 minutes until I notice a security guard is trying to be subtle (and failing) following me. I make a turn then I see another security guard doing the same thing! I didn't have my mobile on me, so I couldn't phone her, and I didn't even have any money on me either to use a payphone.

I decide enough is enough and I leave. I'll go and find the car and wait there. Oh no I fuckng won't. I couldn't find the bugger no matter how far I looked, so I decided I'd walk it home. Now, it was quite nice when I left the house, if not a bit windy, so I'm only wearing a t-shirt.

No sooner have I left the Forge when it starts pishing down for about 2 minutes, soaking me. The rain stopped pretty sharpish, meaning I walked the rest of the way home absolutely wringing.

All this for a fucking bank account.

This could be a big one.

I went along to the bank about an hour ago to open a new account. My mother was going to the ASDA, so she told me to go find her when I was finished. I was in the queue and she past the bank and shouted on me, I was just about to be dealt with, so I told her to go on ahead and I'll find her, thinking that by the time it takes me to do what I have to do, she'll have finished and she'll be back up at the bank.

I get to the front and tell the guy I'm looking to open a new account.

Man - Right, no one can see you today I'm afraid.

Me - That's no problem.

Man - I can make an appointment for you now if you like?

Me - Yes please.

Man - What days would you be available?

Me - Well, I can't do Saturday, so apart from that I'm fine. Ideally it would be tomorrow.

Man - Right. We actually don't have anything until Tuesday.

Me - Okay, I'll do that then.

So I book an appointment for Tuesday. It's a little inconvenient because I have a gig on Tuesday, but it's not going to interfere with that, so that's fine. Now, I pass "Tim Land" in the Forge. They are showing an England vs Ireland game from god knows when. I hear two sellik fans inside the shop spouting a bit of bigotry. Nothing new there, I hear it all the time down my way, sadly. Then I pass the stereotypical fat, baldy, replica top clad human waste that is the Rangers fan. Now he's walking past giving it all the ****** b*****ds of the day.

I really, really hate the old firm. I hope they meet in the carpark and kick the shite out of each other.

Anyway, I go to ASDA and my mother is nowhere to be found. I try walking down every isle, then walking along the fish bit at the top where I can see down each isle as I pass. She's not there. I continue walking about like an idiot for nearly 15 minutes until I notice a security guard is trying to be subtle (and failing) following me. I make a turn then I see another security guard doing the same thing! I didn't have my mobile on me, so I couldn't phone her, and I didn't even have any money on me either to use a payphone.

I decide enough is enough and I leave. I'll go and find the car and wait there. Oh no I fuckng won't. I couldn't find the bugger no matter how far I looked, so I decided I'd walk it home. Now, it was quite nice when I left the house, if not a bit windy, so I'm only wearing a t-shirt.

No sooner have I left the Forge when it starts pishing down for about 2 minutes, soaking me. The rain stopped pretty sharpish, meaning I walked the rest of the way home absolutely wringing.

All this for a fucking bank account.

Bloody banks!

Anyone who believes in karma must think you've been a right c**t in a past life. :o

:(

I've also found out that soundcheck for my gig on Tuesday is from 10pm to 10;45pm.

WHAT THE f**k!?!?

We'll be on at about 1am! What kind of place are we playing? It's a Tuesday night for f**k sake, no one will be there! Unless it's some sort of student club night or something... but even then!

I don't want to be running about like a maniac at 1am.. I want to be IN MY BED.

I've also found out that soundcheck for my gig on Tuesday is from 10pm to 10;45pm.

WHAT THE f**k!?!?

We'll be on at about 1am! What kind of place are we playing? It's a Tuesday night for f**k sake, no one will be there! Unless it's some sort of student club night or something... but even then!

Rock and Roll lifestyle im afraid. :P

WHAT THE f**k!?!?

Whistlebinkies is shite. Very lackadasical approach in there.

Whistlebinkies is shite. Very lackadasical approach in there.

You seem to know the place then.. What's going to happen?

Is it a club night or something like that? It just feels very strange being told that soundcheck is when usually the third band would be taking the stage.

Aye, aye, that's it, blame me for everything - again! <_<

While we're on the subject, you dragged that lassie (whose username I can't pronounce now) across the entire length of Walkabout to meet me, when she was clearly as terrified as most folk are when they approach a huge, scowling hulk that looks permanently angry.

You seem to know the place then.. What's going to happen?

Is it a club night or something like that? It just feels very strange being told that soundcheck is when usually the third band would be taking the stage.

It has a late license, which means the place is still open after a lot of other pubs shut and so only really gets going after 1am. Before that, it's filled with apathetic older people and apathetic tourists. It seems to be a popular pub for students, but since the Universities are on holiday, I'm not sure how many will be there.

You will not get a soundcheck. They don't do soundchecks there. The first band to go on at around 10 - 10.30pm and are the only ones who get a soundcheck of note, and it's just essentially checking the levels - it's nothing more than a line check in honesty. As soon as the soundcheck is finished, the first band play. When they're done, there's a brief change around and the next band are given a quick line check before they play.

The sound is variable. It sounds poor from the stage (I could not hear my guitarist, despite asking to have more guitar in my monitor - by the fourth time of asking, I gave up) but apparently sounds reasonable from the front, so I guess that's more important.

I think shite's the wrong word to use, there's plenty of places worse than that to play, it's just the whole operation was a bit slapdash and a little unsatisfying. Especially when you're on late and you're up the next day for work and such.

By the shiny trident of Vectron, nobody seems to understand how much my system has moved forward! It might not be working perfectly yet by Vectron, but I have developed a system that can filter noisy speech by using only lipreading. For the love of Vectrons winged stallions, I know that its still mangled and distorted with a LONG way to go, but look at the Spectrograms! Can thou not see that Vectron smiles upon me?

While we're on the subject, you dragged that lassie (whose username I can't pronounce now) across the entire length of Walkabout to meet me, when she was clearly as terrified as most folk are when they approach a huge, scowling hulk that looks permanently angry.

:huh: She wanted to introduced to you! You're a legend! :rolleyes:

But just so you know, you're officially more frightening that any one of her 41 tarantula's, her corn snakes, boa constrictor and scorpion! :P

By the shiny trident of Vectron, nobody seems to understand how much my system has moved forward! It might not be working perfectly yet by Vectron, but I have developed a system that can filter noisy speech by using only lipreading. For the love of Vectrons winged stallions, I know that its still mangled and distorted with a LONG way to go, but look at the Spectrograms! Can thou not see that Vectron smiles upon me?

:huh: Seriously mate, you're...

post-1053-1248964737_thumb.jpg

Skunks 2 - 1 Soap-dodging, junkies! Renfrewshire Cup stays in Paisley! :D

Just in case you missed it McB! :P

Aye, very good. Gloryhunting shiitebag.