Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Buckfast 1 v Ayrgirl 0!

I'm still sober, honey - I suggest you get your head down, unless you have some orange juice stashed in the nurses station for tomorrow morning's hangover - I've dated nurses before, I know what they're like! ;)

...snigger

I've just realised - you had to edit that !!! :lol::lol::lol:

Aye to get rid of the **. Something it took you about a fortnight to work out how to do.

I'm still a bit out of touch with internet etiquette, so I don't know if this is one of the questions you don't ask, but I'll ask anyway. What is it that you do? You've spoken of parts of your work before on this thread and it sounds quite interesting.

Interesting, HAH! Not after nearly two years of it. <_<

I am developing an audiovisual speech filtering system. So I take speech in a noisy environment, and double filter it (for extra purity). So I have built a brand new automatic lipreading system that can read lips and filter out background noise, and then that plugs into an audio only approach to add extra filtering.

So the idea is that instead of hearing aids, the next generation could have a small wireless camera which would read lips and then be able to automatically filter speech in environments where existing systems are overwhelmed. Its very much early stage research though.

Buckfast 1 v Ayrgirl 0!

I'm still sober, honey - I suggest you get your head down, unless you have some orange juice stashed in the nurses station for tomorrow morning's hangover - I've dated nurses before, I know what they're like! ;)

I'm of the opinion that you should stop calling her honey! Its a bit demeaning, and very sexist IMO. Ayrgirl might think differently, but I reckon that "affectionate" petnames over the web are worse than swearing. It stinks of creepyness. Can't we all just get along? :(

I'm still a bit out of touch with internet etiquette, so I don't know if this is one of the questions you don't ask, but I'll ask anyway. What is it that you do? You've spoken of parts of your work before on this thread and it sounds quite interesting.

Netiquette. ;)

Kilt, stop being a fucking turd.

Who theFÚCK asked you?! <_<

I'm of the opinion that you should stop calling her honey! Its a bit demeaning, and very sexist IMO. Ayrgirl might think differently, but I reckon that "affectionate" petnames over the web are worse than swearing. It stinks of creepyness. Can't we all just get along? :(

Okay, so we're a different generation. I say 'Honey' in a friendly sort of way, just as you would say hiya 'mate', 'pal', 'buddy' etc. Is it because I'm a male talking (albeit online) to a female that you get on your high horse, you

fat, beardy, wierdo
! :P Gies a break here and stop being such a sanctamonious p***k! It's words, that's all! Creepyness, FFS! Get a grip you tube! <_<

Who asked you to get involved in the first place, you Maryhill, jakey?

It's nothing to do with you - it's a Berwick/Ayr argument - so GTF! Ya Magyar Warrior! <_<

Nobody, but you're being a turd. So I called you it. Okay, honey?

And, I don't live in Maryhill and I'm not a jakey.

Okay, so we're a different generation. I say 'Honey' in a friendly sort of way, just as you would say hiya 'mate', 'pal', 'buddy' etc. Is it because I'm a male talking (albeit online) to a female that you get on your high horse, you ! :P Gies a break here and stop being such a sanctamonious p***k! It's words, that's all! Creepyness, FFS! Get a grip you tube! <_<

I sometimes walk into my house in the evenings and greet my flatmates with "evening motherfuckers" in a friendly sort of way. Its an offensive word in a friendly context. However, if I was to start all my posts with

"Hello Motherfuckers."

Then it could well be argued that it comes across as a bit offensive, no matter how much you explain the context. In the same way, calling people "honey" or "sweetie", which might mean nothing in a friendly context (despite them being affectionate romantic terms), comes across as a bit personal on the internet when its stripped of context.

Thats why we have "netiquette". Things aren't always the same on the internet as they are in real life, and you have to be a bit more careful about how you come across. I don't have a vandetta against you (although it might seem so), but you do come across as a bit personal, a bit woman focused, a bit sexist, and it could be argued that it might make some of the female posters a bit uncomfortable. Thats just an opinion though! One that I voice freely and frequently! :D

Edited to add, and I wish I hadn't mentioned my work to Toma. He seems to have run away. :(

Edited by xbl

Nobody, but you're being a turd. So I called you it. Okay, honey?

And, I don't live in Maryhill and I'm not a jakey.

1. explain how I'm being 'a turd'

2. If you're not in Maryhill but support the Jags, where do you stay

3. Anyone from Maryhill seems to be a Jakey - you just have to use the bus frae Glagow to Drumchapel (No.( stabbing/muGging central), to see the number of coffin-dodgers, Asylum-seeking, under-age mothers and unemployed skaggies. I fúckin lived near there so you're no' kiddin' me pal!

3. Anyone from Maryhill seems to be a Jakey - you just have to use the bus frae Glagow to Drumchapel (No.( stabbing/muGging central), to see the number of coffin-dodgers, Asylum-seeking, under-age mothers and unemployed skaggies. I fúckin lived near there so you're no' kiddin' me pal!

:lol::lol::lol: Do you live in Berwick?

1. You're constant use of the word 'honey' is sexist and unfunny.

2. I'm not telling you. You don't have to stay where your team plays.

3. Stop talking shite. I've lived near both Maryhill and Drumchapel for my whole life, so I think I know what I'm talking about too, so stop your shitty stereotyping.

Edited by Santana