Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

nope, the boy's a bit of a twat from ive seen that he's posted

You don't think any of the others involved in the ridiculous arguements are twats? I mean, people getting worked up over someone using the word 'honey' when replying to someone. Alot of people display disturbing behaviour on this thread, not just Kilt.

I don't actually care that much, but its a bit of a soap opera and some people need a reality check. Its only the internet.

I think that's an extremely valid point. The particular danger with internet forums is that they form artificial communities that some people take a lot more seriously than others. There's a danger that mentally fragile people could misinterpret the tone of the written word, and take it completely the wrong way: especially when the distinction between the "real world" and the virtual community becomes far more blurred in their mind.

When people around them in the real world won't listen or sympathise or satisfy a need for attention, people almost undoubtedly turn to the internet where somewhere, somehow, someone will react and in their own way validate themselves. Of course, when they inevitably come out with complete and utter shite and get shot down for it, they don't just laugh it off: they CAN'T just laugh it off. Others subconsciously stoke a fire that's just waiting to set the soot up the chimney alight.

Given that you and your fraudster parents purport to hold a belief in an imaginary world replete with winged beings and deities I don't really think you're in a position to mouth off about the relative merits of virtual ones.

You don't think any of the others involved in the ridiculous arguements are twats? I mean, people getting worked up over someone using the word 'honey' when replying to someone. Alot of people display disturbing behaviour on this thread, not just Kilt.

Agreed. 'Tis a bit melodramatic.

Interesting, HAH! Not after nearly two years of it. <_<

I am developing an audiovisual speech filtering system. So I take speech in a noisy environment, and double filter it (for extra purity). So I have built a brand new automatic lipreading system that can read lips and filter out background noise, and then that plugs into an audio only approach to add extra filtering.

So the idea is that instead of hearing aids, the next generation could have a small wireless camera which would read lips and then be able to automatically filter speech in environments where existing systems are overwhelmed. Its very much early stage research though.

Sounds like I need one of those. I have a severe hearing deficit in my right ear. However it isn't that I can't hear with my right ear, it's that I can't filter the sounds being heard. I normally just default to the background noise and can't hear speech until the background noise is finished. Hence hearing people in pubs when loud music is on is extremely difficult. I can't remember what the deficit is called though.

I have a sore throat, sore head, and sore joints. And I have to work 12 hours in an hour and a half. Bad times.

Sounds like I need one of those. I have a severe hearing deficit in my right ear. However it isn't that I can't hear with my right ear, it's that I can't filter the sounds being heard. I normally just default to the background noise and can't hear speech until the background noise is finished. Hence hearing people in pubs when loud music is on is extremely difficult. I can't remember what the deficit is called though.

I have a sore throat, sore head, and sore joints. And I have to work 12 hours in an hour and a half. Bad times.

And you have the swine flu :P

Given that you and your fraudster parents purport to hold a belief in an imaginary world replete with winged beings and deities I don't really think you're in a position to mouth off about the relative merits of virtual ones.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Quite like exuberant but nonetheless.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

My MSN and Facebook are fine.

I've had problems with both the last week or so though, mind you.

It's effecting quite a lot of people just now. There's lots of "fuckin msn willny let me tok tae anywan" and "canny talk ti anycunt the noo fs" in my contacts' names.

Guest The Phoenix
There's lots of "fuckin msn willny let me tok tae anywan" and "canny talk ti anycunt the noo fs" in my contacts' names.

And I thought the standard of intelligence on here left a lot to be desired.