Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Why don't you just book it online?

Online isn't working. It's been gubbed since Thursday

I get to a certain page where you pick which centre you're using. It doesn't recognise shieldhall test centre, or it's postcode, and the map which you can click on isn't working.

Been calling DSA for over an hour trying to book my driving test.

The woman on the end of the phone says she's sorry every time about how busy it is, but it feels like she's fobbing me off, and doesn't really mean it.

It's ridiculous how long the waiting list is for driving tests. I got mine booked a couple of weeks ago and I have to wait 7 weeks till I can actually sit my test <_<

Been told one of the people in my school year has died, suspected suicide. Strange, was a very cheery guy. Saw him last week as well.

Sorry to hear that.

As a side point, people hanging themselves, I am surprised there is such a high success rate. I would almost certainly do it wrong (as I cant tie knots) and just either break the rope or it would not kill me just hurt me a lot.

Like that 8 year old girl last week, apparantly she had learning difficulties, found hung in her room. She was clearly a lot more intelligent that people give her credit for. Apart from the decision to take her life, that was a unintelligent thing to do.

I've always seen random suicides as a totally selfish act. In carrying it out, without question you surely hurt more folk than you were suffering yourself?

Fair enough if your lives at an end i.e terminal cancer or in cases where people have become paralysed from the neck down etc. Atleast in these cases your family are given time to accept whats going to happen and you've given them a face-to-face reason for it. Otherwise I've never really seen how things in life can get to a stage where you feel the need to end it all. It must take some courage.

Edited by F45C15T

Sorry to hear that.

As a side point, people hanging themselves, I am surprised there is such a high success rate. I would almost certainly do it wrong (as I cant tie knots) and just either break the rope or it would not kill me just hurt me a lot.

Like that 8 year old girl last week, apparantly she had learning difficulties, found hung in her room. She was clearly a lot more intelligent that people give her credit for. Apart from the decision to take her life, that was a unintelligent thing to do.

Hanging doesn't neccessarily mean the old noose and chair affair, for example if you died after getting your neck caught up in the string for venetian blinds it could be classed as hanging.

Edited by Breaking Decency

Generally speaking I think if you have reached the point of seriously considering suicide that wouldn't even enter your mind.

Regardless of whether you are in the right mind to know and appreciate that or not, it's still selfish.

Edited by Fudge

There's a trouser press in my room, but not an iron. Anyone know if its feasible to try ironing a shirt in a trouser press?

Oh, and what British time is it. I have absolutely no idea whether its half seven, half 6 or half 8 here.

6:34 in the UK.

6:34 in the UK.

Aha! I knew it! My phone and laptop DIDNT adjust automatically....and my mate who I phoned hasn't set his either. Cheers wee yin.

Wait, no. Spain is apparently one hour different, but we're on British summertime right? So does that mean that Spain is 2 hours ahead, or the same? Why don't I know this?

Edited by xbl

Aha! I knew it! My phone and laptop DIDNT adjust automatically....and my mate who I phoned hasn't set his either. Cheers wee yin.

Wait, no. Spain is apparently one hour different, but we're on British summertime right? So does that mean that Spain is 2 hours ahead, or the same? Why don't I know this?

Spain is CET, which generally moves its daylight savings at the same time of year as GMT/BST. In other words, you're an hour ahead.

Edited by Swampy