Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Flooded my house this morning. Well, the bathroom and the hall.

Running my morning bath, sat on my bed, fell over, and slept. Don't know what I got woken up by, but I got up and wondered why my hall was wet. Walked into the bathroom, and just about shat myself.

The hall's covered up in towels just now, still getting all the water, along with some bedsheets.

Fortunately, the water didn't seep down to the people living below me.

It felt so surreal today. I keep thinking about it, and it doesn't feel like it actually happened.

Attention other road users:

It's raining. You will have to allow more room for braking. You will not need to drive at half the speed limit, and break sharply whenever the little orange needle dares to peer out from above the 30 line.

Oh, and STAY IN YOUR OWN FECKING LANE!

And f***ing indicate....!

Edited by capybara

Guest The Phoenix
My mates son who has a brain tumour is not doing well at all,Despite a 10 hour op a few months ago it has grown again and it is not looking good for him.Poor wee guy is only 5 and running about as if nothing is wrong with him. :(

I remember you posting about him a while back.

So, so sad.

My wife does the religion in oor hoose, I'll get her to say a prayer. :)

Horrible flu. Went to sleep at half eleven and woke up several times with a fever and a headache and only properly got up at half four. Only silver lining was that I had no lectures today.

Me and my girlfriend are both loaded with the cold today as well. It hasn't been fun. :(

My mates son who has a brain tumour is not doing well at all,Despite a 10 hour op a few months ago it has grown again and it is not looking good for him.Poor wee guy is only 5 and running about as if nothing is wrong with him. :(

Sorry to hear that Keith, that's pretty awful. I hope he has a wonderful Crimbo, it's surely the least the wee gent deserves.

One of my closest uncle's has one. He was told back in the spring it was terminal and he only had to Christmas time to live. Bad enough being told you're going to die, but during christmas time is really painful to take.

And when I visit him, it's such a sensitive subject that you don't want to talk about it, and end up not talking about it at all, which could be deemed selfish?

Edited by The Blair-Skint Student

That's awful. :(

One of my closest uncle's has one. He was told back in the spring it was terminal and he only had to Christmas time to live. Bad enough being told you're going to die, but during christmas time is really painful to take.

And when I visit him, it's such a sensitive subject that you don't want to talk about it, and end up not talking about it at all, which could be deemed selfish?

My brother in laws brother died due to a brain tumour 11 years ago and it was just like you say you don't want to talk about it,But everytime i see my mate i can't help but ask how his boy is but tonight he was just about crying when i asked.I felt so bad but can't imagine what he is going through.

Life is so cruel sometimes as he is a great father yet you see all the scum who doesn't give a f**k about their kids.He has promised to take his son to disneyland as soon as he is cleared to travel.

Edited by keithgy

My brother in laws brother died due to a brain tumour 11 years ago and it was just like you say you don't want to talk about it,But everytime i see my mate i can't help but ask how his boy is but tonight he was just about crying when i asked.I felt so bad but can't imagine what he is going through.

Life is so cruel sometimes as he is a great father yet you see all the scum who doesn't give a f**k about their kids.He has promised to take his son to disneyland as soon as he is cleared to travel.

Yeah, it's a horrific state of affairs.

I suppose it's like a big pink elephant sitting in your living room. You know it's there but you hasten mention it. I know my auntie gets upset whenever you speak about it, it's a lose-lose situation.

Me and my girlfriend are both loaded with the cold today as well. It hasn't been fun. :(

I can't remember who posted it but someone else pooh-poohed the idea of getting the cold by becoming soaked in the rain. All I will say is L-M proves you wrong and she has probably added you to her 'Kill' list for when she recovers!

Hope you and Adam get better soon and the wee man doesnae get it too! ;)

I can't remember who posted it but someone else pooh-poohed the idea of getting the cold by becoming soaked in the rain.

It was me, because I believe in the science of the cold virus and not silly pagan naturalistic beliefs.