Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Viruses like being in warm places to grow and multiply. If it's fucking freezing outside, where are they going to go? Oh aye, the nearest warm place - whatever person happens to be out there. That's science. It's not being cold that gives you the cold, but it certainly doesn't help when it's effing freezing outside.

I feel like complete and utter shite, but as I've moved a grand total of 3 times from the sofa today, I can't sleep.

It was me, because I believe in the science of the cold virus and not silly pagan naturalistic beliefs.

Right - but I never mentioned anything to do with Paganism linked to colds whatsoever. <_<

Nul pointe!

Science! Cold is not caught by being cold and wet!

I point you to her post yesterday when she got so wet and cold her clothes were sticking to her. Today she has the cold!

If you get very wet and cold, your immune system is more susceptible to any virus going round, ergo getting wet in the rain can give you a cold. And with that, vikingTON disappears in a puff of logic! :P

Viruses like being in warm places to grow and multiply. If it's fucking freezing outside, where are they going to go? Oh aye, the nearest warm place - whatever person happens to be out there. That's science.

Viruses are dormant outside their host (say, the human body) and travel where the wind takes them. Destination of a virus particle is solely by chance

Edited by vikingTON

Right - but I never mentioned anything to do with Paganism linked to colds whatsoever. <_<

Nul pointe!

I point you to her post yesterday when she got so wet and cold her clothes were sticking to her. Today she has the cold!

If you get very wet and cold, your immune system is more susceptible to any virus going round, ergo getting wet in the rain can give you a cold. And with that, vikingTON disappears in a puff of logic! :P

I was feeling a bit rubbish before I even went out yesterday, so it's likely that it just made me feel worse to be honest.

Viruses are dormant outside their host (say, the human body) and travel where the wind takes them. Destination of a virus particle is solely by chance

Where did I say any different? Of course it's chance, but then have you not noticed that more people get colds/flu in this kind of weather than otherwise?

I'd love to be in the audience for Question Time, just to be able to stand up and say,

"I'd like to ask the panel... so, Jedward?"

and then sit down, and look really intense.

But with that it could go either way.

Either, there could be the 'intense' debate, or full scale rammy that you imagine or expect, or the politicians and panellists could just hum-and-haw over it and not really make any telling contributions.

Where did I say any different? Of course it's chance, but then have you not noticed that more people get colds/flu in this kind of weather than otherwise?

Yeah but it isn't the rain or cold that's causing it. Our immune systems are naturally weakened, as much due to lack of strong sunlight and short days as much as cold or rain.

It's also a period of reduced ventilation of houses and closer proximity to others.

Edited by vikingTON

Thats because they sit in hot stuffy rooms with the windows shut and no ventilation. When there is no airflow, its the same rotten, virus infested air that people are breathing. Get the windows open, and you'll be fine!

Thats because they sit in hot stuffy rooms with the windows shut and no ventilation. When there is no airflow, its the same rotten, virus infested air that people are breathing. Get the windows open, and you'll be fine!

Are you having a fucking laugh? It's freezing! :lol:

We don't all sit inside with windows shut and no ventilation, by the way. I didn't get soaked the bone two nights in a row by sitting in a hot, stuffy room. :P

Hoi!

My petty nag, I'm still loaded with the cold. On the plus side, I ate a lot yesterday, asll I did was eat. I had 15 bits of Weetabix over the course of the day.

will vikington blame weetabix for colds and not the weather???