Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's snow bad enough for that here, unfortunately. The main roads are OK, and he phoned me last night to say it'd be on unless it snowed again through the night. Which it didn't. It's just icy as f**k instead.

Ah well, what's the worst that could happen...

My driving instructor is now on his 4th car in 3 weeks. Learner drivers have crashed his normal instructor car, his wifes car and a replacement car.

Of course, but surely going to, say, Swansea is as unfamilar as going to 'Eastern' Europe?

It really depends. I'd feel more on edge going to any foreign place: particularly cities. As tourists you're probably seen as easier targets. There's often a language barrier to contend with.

I don't really feel cautious about cities any more than quieter areas in the UK. I'd feel on edge in rough areas of cities, but when abroad even in "nicer" areas I'd have a mild level of caution ticking over all the time.

It really depends. I'd feel more on edge going to any foreign place: particularly cities. As tourists you're probably seen as easier targets. There's often a language barrier to contend with.

I don't really feel cautious about cities any more than quieter areas in the UK. I'd feel on edge in rough areas of cities, but when abroad even in "nicer" areas I'd have a mild level of caution ticking over all the time.

Why not try prayer?

There's a little eskimo somewhere, lying at the foot of a glacier, with the tears from his eyes frozen to his cheeks, trying to hug his own knees for warmth, because a polar bear stole his parka, and gnawed off his toes (although he didn't notice, cos they were frozen too).

You know what he's thinking?

"Thank f**k I'm not in Dunc's flat. I'd be freezing!"

In short, I'm cold.

You'll grow out of that chief. Sorry if it sounds patronising, but it's true. ;)

Why not try prayer?

His phone was engaged. Something about the Pagans trying to get shot of a man in a skirt.

You'll grow out of that chief. Sorry if it sounds patronising, but it's true. ;)

To be fair, I didn't feel it anywhere near as much when I was over in the States, giving a bit more credence to the language barrier thing.

Edited by Überschwänglichen

It's a balancing act and at the end of the day a risk taking a high excess.

My son is 21 and with Direct Line - his premium is decent (less than £300) but he has a standard £250 Excess and another £250 for being under 24.

Spotted a nice little £694 and £350 excess. Looks like i may be getting in about that action. Not bad for a years no claims and 9 month old license. Especially considering i'm paying £133 a month just now.

I've certainly eaten too much chocolate over Christmas and New Year. I lasted about 35mins in the gym today - had I stuck at it any longer, I'd have thrown up.

Not good. Not good at all.

Edited by Michael W

I'm back at college tomorrow. No more staying in bed until 4pm for me :(

I feel yer pain. I was up at 8 today, after spending every night of the hols going to bed at 4/5AM. I couldn't get to sleep last night cos I went to bed so early for me (2:30 :lol: ). My sleeping pattern is fecked.

I feel yer pain. I was up at 8 today, after spending every night of the hols going to bed at 4/5AM. I couldn't get to sleep last night cos I went to bed so early for me (2:30 :lol: ). My sleeping pattern is fecked.

Thats what im dreading back, to school tomorow for me. Going to be rough.

Got an english essay for Friday and three sentences have been written so far.

Oh dear.

You've got tonight + 2 more whole days! f**k sake, that seems like mountains of time for me. :lol: I've got a dissertation summary in for, er, earlier this morning. :P