Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest bairnbabe
I look after the little bundle of joy you desperately concieved to trap me into marriage, you feckless bint. <_<

:o I think you'll be heading to the divorce courts pretty soon after that :jerry

Joe Cole. :angry:

While checking through my briefs (C'mon now :lol: ) before I started work I noticed that Joe Cole was 10/1 for the first goal tonight on Sky Bet.

Thought about opening an account and putting the £25 welcome bet on that particular bet but didnt bother.

A potential £250 down the pan then.

Edited by 27/11

Right.

Time for another bank rant. :angry:

Why is it when banks talk about closing provincial branches they claim it's because they are losing money, when the easy solution is not to employ four muppets to wander around impersonating goldfish behind the counter and leave an (admittedly attractive) obviously bemused teen serving behind the counter?

Every time I walk into that branch I cringe if there's a pensioner ahead of me. Today was no different. Elegantly clad in his beige fedora and silver Hi-Tec trainers, todays specimen was queuing to ask two questions so fundamental to his very existence that I'm amazed he hadn't died with excitement while waiting to get it off his wheezy chest. Firstly:

"Hen, I've changed the branch of my account from Johnstone to Troon, will I still be able to take money out of it if I'm ever back in Johnstone?"

Now, if you do not know the answer to this question without having to ask it, I would question the legality of you having power of attorney over your own affairs at all. <_< Surely pensioners this lonely and stupid have meals on wheels to annoy with this sort of inane shite?

You'd think so, but no: he continued unabashed:

"Hen, can I change the date of a direct debit?"

Fair enough, I thought, that could be crucial if you want to pay a bill. I should have known not to be so tolerant. :angry: The glaikit Britney behind the counter asks him why he wanted to bring it forward, clearly thinking he must want it to come out after his pension is in his account....again, an act of sheer misplaced optimism:

"Ah want it oot on the 19th because that's the day it's come oot for 45 years"

Oh, well why didn't you fucking well say so then? It's a family fucking tradition now, isn't it?:

"Remember Jeannie and come up on the 19th, that's the 45th anniversary of the very day my house insurance comes oot the bank. We're huvin' oatcakes!"

:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Just fucking DIE!!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm purple with rage at this point and I think nothing can ever annoy me more than a pensioner. Shouldn't tempt fate really, should I? <_<<_<

There's only one woman ahead of me in the queue now, but she's a beige person. Y'know, respectably dressed, but just a little too many pastel colours in there to be anything other than a stepford wife yeah? So she tootles:

"Can I make an international money transfer?"

Just my luck, Shitney Spears on mogadon has to go through the back to find a form for NIMBY woman to fill in, so it's another 3 minutes for that, but at least she'll f**k off and fill it in and I'll complete the arduous task of putting a cheque into the company account.

WILL I f**k.

AGAIN.

"Oh, a form? Oh dear! Well, just give me £2000 out of this account then."

:o

What the f**k are you going to do you mad bint? Get it abroad by carrier pigeon? Tie the wad of notes to its leg and make the poor thing flap all the way to wherever your privately educated overpriviledged sprogs are enjoying their gap year? JESUS WEPT!!!!!

Finally, praise Allah, I'm at the counter.

Now I don't know if I did what I did next for devilment or as a kind of catharsis, but I regret it now anyway. I said:

"Could I deposit this cheque please, then draw a money order to go to Jupiter but it MUST go via Pluto and while on its way change my entire direct debit set up, because the current dates are aggravating my lumbago"

Shitney looks at me like I've just taken a dump on her chest. I quickly realised I wasn't dealing with someone who was at the front desk for her charm and intellect. So I added:

"Sorry, I'm just kidding. Just the cheque please."

She said:

"I'm very sorry for the wait, sir"

The way she spat the 'sir' at me through gritted teeth made me realise a sharp exit was in order.

I hate banks. :(

:lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if they're talking to each other yet :unsure: .........or is Monster still in the spare room. :ph34r::lol:

No, I'm a long way from growing a beard, buying a kilt and slobbering like a hormonal teen over anything in a skirt.

Thanks for asking though! :)