Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That's a scenario that happens often during games as you say. Why shouldn't that be planned for?

Plan for every conceivable player performance in every single one of the 10 outfield positions?

If you think this will lead to any tangible benefit then not only are you a rubbish manager, but you're an incompetent coach also.

Edited by vikingTON

That's a scenario that happens often during games as you say. Why shouldn't that be planned for?

How exactly do you propose preparing for every single conceivable outcome? Have the players train 24 hours a day?

What you should do now is slink off with your tails between your legs and we all might be kind enough to pretend this never happened.

Guest The Phoenix

To extend the argument to an analogy. You are saying there is no need for management in any scenario. All office, factory, health workers etc once they have been trained should know their job, they're getting paid so can be trusted to get on with it.

I actually don't believe he's got the remotest idea what he's saying.

Edit: Sorry Keith, your piece of news has been lost because there's a lunatic loose on the thread.

Hope everything takes a turn for the better real soon. :)

Edited by The Phoenix

And a Manager who doesn't shout encouragement to his players during the game might as well stay in the changing room and have a chug.

Not in the way I mentioned at the start.

That isn't how management works. You don't find out the mentality of players until they are placed in real situations, whether they cope under different pressures, and whether they respond to instructions.

Everything you learned in the previous game will tell you how they cope in the real situations and therefore the training for the next game will be based with that taken into consideration.

No amount of preparation can account for individual performances on the day. These require fast and correct in structions from the touchline, rather than having a Jim McInally figure leaning against the wall hoping for the best. It is a complete dereliction of duty to rely solely on training, rather than reading and reacting to play as it happens.

I didn't say I'd stand there leaning against a wall and hope for the best, I said why should it take me to shout at them from the side to re enforce instructions? All inspirational conversations should be taken place intrinsically.

Of course reading and reaction would take place during live play and if changes were needed then action will be taken naturally.

Got the shits. need to change my diet n stop eating not healthy stuff.

Get The SSPCA, the plasterer and the joiner to look you over.

Of course reading and reaction would take place during live play and if changes were needed then action will be taken naturally.

Sorry, but I hope your not thinking of taking this up as a profession as you really are miles out.

To extend the argument to an analogy. You are saying there is no need for management in any scenario. All office, factory, health workers etc once they have been trained should know their job, they're getting paid so can be trusted to get on with it.

Not to shout and bawl during work, no.

edit; Best wishes Keith

Edited by Milevskiy

Not in the way I mentioned at the start.

Everything you learned in the previous game will tell you how they cope in the real situations and therefore the training for the next game will be based with that taken into consideration.

Of course.

"Today we're going to train for holding onto a lead in the last five minutes. Granted there's no competitive element to this that would recreate the pressure of the actual scenario, but I feel this exercise will definitely deliver benefits."

As I said, this is incompetent coaching. It also shows a completely hopeless grasp of even basic psychology, which is presumably why you see no benefit in motivating from the sidelines. I'm appalled that potentially talented young footballers have to listen to your drivel on a weekly basis.

No, but like football priorities change on a daily/hourly basis. People need to be encouraged, appraised and criticised in the appropriate way.

I agree completely. The point I made at the beginning is the way you carry them out, the way I didn't agree with was with shouting at them.

Guest The Phoenix

I agree completely. The point I made at the beginning is the way you carry them out, the way I didn't agree with was with shouting at them.

I doubt whispering would do the trick.

Guest The Phoenix

I'm still servicing her Majesty and rocketing through the grades with minimal effort. I am living proof that Milevskiy is wrong.

Does Philip know?