Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Is it not just polite to sign off an email? I don't usually put my full name, just 'LM', depending on who I'm emailing. It would feel a bit rude and kind of unfinished to just stop.

Exactly. It would appear unfinished to not 'sign off' in some way. Whether that's with your name, 'regards', 'yours in sport' etc, that would be down to the sender of the e-mail, I'd say.

Guest The Phoenix

Exactly. It would appear unfinished to not 'sign off' in some way. Whether that's with your name, 'regards', 'yours in sport' etc, that would be down to the sender of the e-mail, I'd say.

Certainly doubt the recipient would have much of an input.

Is it not just polite to sign off an email? I don't usually put my full name, just 'LM', depending on who I'm emailing. It would feel a bit rude and kind of unfinished to just stop.

This. Also when emails are going back and forth it helps to separate emails from each other.

I have a default signature on my emails with all my contact details for people I don't know, but if it's someone I know I just end mine with my first name, initials or full name, depending on how formal it is.

Guest The Phoenix

I have a default signature on my emails with all my contact details for people I don't know.

Only a lunatic would give all their contact details to someone they don't know.

Opened the door there for an evening stroll and there was some paper stuck to it. The landlords have decided to close their night-drop box due to a spate of burglaries from these "around the country". Not a problem as I don't use it anyway. But attached was also a 'Safety Gazette' saying that when you go out walking you need to have a fixed destination and stick to well-lit areas. Ehh, this is Texas, there are no well-lit areas unless you have headlights. Idiots.

With 4 months experience of living in another country that countless others only dream of. There's worse things you could be bringing back. Unless you've got the clap as well.

You're spot on (the first bit, not the clap part), I'm definitely richer for the experience, done some brilliant things and seen some amazing places, would just have been nice to cap it off with some work experience in my field.

Opened the door there for an evening stroll and there was some paper stuck to it. The landlords have decided to close their night-drop box due to a spate of burglaries from these "around the country". Not a problem as I don't use it anyway. But attached was also a 'Safety Gazette' saying that when you go out walking you need to have a fixed destination and stick to well-lit areas. Ehh, this is Texas, there are no well-lit areas unless you have headlights. Idiots.

Did you typo "county" there, or are they worried about a US-wide crime syndicate?

Why do Celtic fans feel the need to add the letter 'h' into words where it is not needed? It bugs the shit out of me.

Case in point is a girl I used to know when I was in school, who got a new Celtic top for her birthday (:yucky) and on the back of it, she had the number 7, above which she had printed 'GHOD'S GHIRL. What the f**k is that all about?

living next to a field used at weekends for football (and soon to be midweeks again)

the useless feckers cant use the carpark correctly , taking 2 spaces a time, so they start parking infront of peoples front doors so we cant park in our own street.

honest to god, one of these days there will be a lot of burst tyres outside my house.

Someone idiot in the close let one of the chuggers from barnardos in, resulting in the p***k stopping me outside my door whilst i had my tea from the chippy clearly visible in my hand. He even had the cheek to say that if i could afford a chippy tea i could afford £2 a week to barnardos! i just turned my back in made my way in the door at that point. What a patronising fuckwit!!

After losing 2 and a half stone since November thanks to diet and exercise, I was diagnosed with torn knee cartilage on Friday (tore it during badminton). I then got some sort of illness which has resulted in me taking 2 days off work while I've been confined to bed (hence my recent increased activity on here). Tonight, I recovered enough to go round to my mates to watch the football, only to discover that at some point during my last drive, my exhaust has decided to tear itself apart, and its a proper rip, so it can't just be slotted on again. Tomorrow, I have to go to work with my still sore stomach, still aching joints, and car that is now roaring, because I can't afford to take any more time off work.

I am having a fucking miserable week. I need shot. :(