Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Delivery drivers. A customer ordered 3 roof windows and 3 of the flashings that come with them. The pallet he had them on the lorry broke, so he re-stacked them on another pallet. But with the heavy windows on top of the alumimium flashings. The result?? broken flashings and one very unhappy customer. What a tit.

The Bank of Scotland, not happy that the wife went down with £132 in change, all in money bags and ready to weigh. Seemingly anything over 4 bags and you have to phone the bank and pre warn them you're coming lol. They of course didn't complain at the £5000 in notes she also took in, twats !

Even though the road is clear, you're patiently waiting for the green man at pelican crossings because there's some wee kids on the otherside with their mum. You try to set a good example to avoid the stare of death from the mum only for some guy to turn up and cross straight over making the last few minutes of your life a complete waste of time. dry.gif

Even though the road is clear, you're patiently waiting for the green man at pelican crossings because there's some wee kids on the otherside with their mum. You try to set a good example to avoid the stare of death from the mum only for some guy to turn up and cross straight over making the last few minutes of your life a complete waste of time. dry.gif

Speaking as one of those mums, I fucking hate those arseholes too. It's blindingly obvious what we're doing, standing holding a child's hand and repeating 'wait for the green man' and then some utter w****r who considers himself too important to wait for a fucking lightbulb just walks on over. I say 'himself' because it's often a guy, but there are some girls do it too. What's wrong with a little consideration? And while we're at it, what is so important it can't wait the whole thirty seconds or so for the lights to change?

Mothers of small children appreciate your efforts, Hedgecutter. Thank you.

Speaking as one of those mums, I fucking hate those arseholes too. It's blindingly obvious what we're doing, standing holding a child's hand and repeating 'wait for the green man' and then some utter w****r who considers himself too important to wait for a fucking lightbulb just walks on over. I say 'himself' because it's often a guy, but there are some girls do it too. What's wrong with a little consideration? And while we're at it, what is so important it can't wait the whole thirty seconds or so for the lights to change?

Mothers of small children appreciate your efforts, Hedgecutter. Thank you.

Might have been the last hour or so of Steak & Blowjob day and he was hurrying homne as didnt want his wifes tea to get cold!!

Might have been the last hour or so of Steak & Blowjob day and he was hurrying homne as didnt want his wifes tea to get cold!!

It only comes once a year I suppose, I can understand that. Still, a quick shout of 'sorry, steak and blowjob' over the shoulder would have been polite.

As a rule of thumb, men tend to be better at judging when to walk through the gap in one lane to meet a gap in the other . Wimmen tend to get the whole timing thing horrifically wrong and end up stuck in the middle of the road with cars flying past either side. Most have the sense not to even bother trying but the ones who forget they can't skip along in high-heels until they're in the middle of the road are the main culprits. This is most evident on a Friday / Saturday night after the hours of 8pm.

St. Patrick's day.

I don't understand the hype of it in Scotland, wouldn't mind being in Ireland on St. Patrick's day but all these people creaming themselves in Dundee over it is lost on me.

Thank f**k, i am not the only one who thinks this. Its fucking stupid. f**k Paddys day.

As a rule of thumb, men tend to be better at judging when to walk through the gap in one lane to meet a gap in the other . Wimmen tend to get the whole timing thing horrifically wrong and end up stuck in the middle of the road with cars flying past either side. Most have the sense not to even bother trying but the ones who forget they can't skip along in high-heels until they're in the middle of the road are the main culprits. This is most evident on a Friday / Saturday night after the hours of 8pm.

Whilst that is absolutely true, I'm thankfully not trying to teach my child to cross the road correctly then!

On the subject of crossing the road the amount of adults i've seen lately crossing the road slowly when they shouldn't and making me or other cars slow down has been amazing.

A common 1 is people crossing roads that lead into housing estates without looking 1st, they just walk straight across assuming no cars will be on a road.

You'd scream at your child/grandchild if you seen them do this so why do adults (who should know better) do this?mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

On the subject of crossing the road the amount of adults i've seen lately crossing the road slowly when they shouldn't and making me or other cars slow down has been amazing.

A common 1 is people crossing roads that lead into housing estates without looking 1st, they just walk straight across assuming no cars will be on a road.

You'd scream at your child/grandchild if you seen them do this so why do adults (who should know better) do this?mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

I have a terrible habit of not slowing down for them and watching them scurry out the way.

I will probably kill one eventually. :unsure:

I agree but there's an exception for football fans leaving the ground. We own the road between 4:45 and 5:00. Strength in numbers. :)

I have a terrible habit of not slowing down for them and watching them scurry out the way.

I always find their unique and distinctive little skips quite funny. :D

I also like watching the drivers at traffic lights rev up as they watch the other set turn red, only for the green man to pop up instead. It's moments like that I wish I could do the Nelson 'Ha-ha!'.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I always thought that a pedestrian has the right of way if they have entered the road before you (at a reasonable distance), and you should actually slow down for them. Can't be bother to check though.

I always thought that a pedestrian has the right of way if they have entered the road before you (at a reasonable distance), and you should actually slow down for them. Can't be bother to check though.

There's a one way street I cross on the way to work every morning but it's on an awkward bend meaning that you can't see if cars are coming from either direction off of the main road. Usually I get half way across and if a driver comes along then he'll give me right of way but this morning I was beside one daft wee lassie who walked out while the car was in view and just expected him to give way. Silly bint.

There's another street I need to need to cross which is also awkward. Drivers will come out, turn right and then turn immediately left without indicating again and get pissed off if I've already started crossing. How the f**k am I meant to know if they're going to go left, right or right-then-left? Am I just going to hang around in case you get out onto the main road and just happen to take that turn? Absolutely not. I presume this is where this rule would come into place.

Edited by Hedgecutter

You'll find the pedestrian has the right of way in that instance. Nae luck.

I often start my baked tattie in the Micro, then pop it into the oven. I do not know what i did tonight but i must have stuck the timer on the Micro to 50 mins instead of 5. The place is full of acrid smoke. I have the windows and doors open. God what a mess. Tattie is ruined as well.....going for a Kebab.

I often start my baked tattie in the Micro, then pop it into the oven. I do not know what i did tonight but i must have stuck the timer on the Micro to 50 mins instead of 5. The place is full of acrid smoke. I have the windows and doors open. God what a mess. Tattie is ruined as well.....going for a Kebab.

Was it your last tattie?