Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I often start my baked tattie in the Micro, then pop it into the oven. I do not know what i did tonight but i must have stuck the timer on the Micro to 50 mins instead of 5. The place is full of acrid smoke. I have the windows and doors open. God what a mess. Tattie is ruined as well.....going for a Kebab.

Thought you used to be a chef?

I often start my baked tattie in the Micro, then pop it into the oven. I do not know what i did tonight but i must have stuck the timer on the Micro to 50 mins instead of 5. The place is full of acrid smoke. I have the windows and doors open. God what a mess. Tattie is ruined as well.....going for a Kebab.

Did you not stop and think at any point "Hmm, this five minutes is taking an awful long time. Feels more like fifty"?

Did you not check on it after 5 minutes to put it in the oven?

Guest The Phoenix

Athelete's foot. I've been wakened twice during the night with it, and I've near enough taken the skin off 3 of my toes.

Philpy & Athlete's Foot???? :o

I'm struggling a bit with that one. ;)

Was it your last tattie?

Aye

Thought you used to be a chef?

Aye

Did you not stop and think at any point "Hmm, this five minutes is taking an awful long time. Feels more like fifty"?

No

Did you not check on it after 5 minutes to put it in the oven?

Forgot

Grief tourism on the Muamba thread. If the lad doesn't pull through, it is an absolute tragedy, and like everyone, I'm just monitoring for updates and hoping for the best. However, the amount of empty platitudes, grief tourism, hysterical overreaction on the misc football thread is disgusting. All that "football is insignificant", "tomorrows game means nothing" pish, with people jumping on the offended bus as quickly as possible. I bet many of the same people would quite happily pun away if others died, but god knows what the reaction would be if someone was to make a joke on that thread.

Grief tourism on the Muamba thread. If the lad doesn't pull through, it is an absolute tragedy, and like everyone, I'm just monitoring for updates and hoping for the best. However, the amount of empty platitudes, grief tourism, hysterical overreaction on the misc football thread is disgusting. All that "football is insignificant", "tomorrows game means nothing" pish, with people jumping on the offended bus as quickly as possible. I bet many of the same people would quite happily pun away if others died, but god knows what the reaction would be if someone was to make a joke on that thread.

I agreed, right up until the mention of Syria. Then I thought that was just as overreactionary as the outpourings of grief.