Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

One of my mates has sent a Facebook message to 140-odd of his chums, me included.

Because of this whenever anyone replies to it it's coming up in the instant messaging box down the bottom right of my screen, as if I'm having a conversation with 140-odd folk.

I'm getting notifications every ten bloody seconds. This is pissing me off.

These are the same p***ks who hit "reply all" on emails

The ammount tax I pay on my bonus. :angry: Any tips on avoidance for next year?

Do a Ken Livingston. Set-up a company and route all income through that. That way you'll pay the (lower) rate of corporation tax and avoid income tax completely. Check your overall tax burden is above the corporation tax rate first though as it has no personal allowance.

Do a Ken Livingston. Set-up a company and route all income through that. That way you'll pay the (lower) rate of corporation tax and avoid income tax completely. Check your overall tax burden is above the corporation tax rate first though as it has no personal allowance.

That's what most of the contract workers in my place (and most other similar companies) do but I am a company man so that avenue isn't open to me. :(

The stupid inconsiderate twat faced arseholes that block the entrance to the petrol station at the supermarket because they must go to pump 1 because the hose is on the correct side for the petrol cap. There are empty fucking pumps further down. Just lift the fucking hose roond the car, it'll fucking stretch you useless nob end.

I love seeing folk trying to stretch the pump round to the other side of their car, they always park too far away and cant get it round or the hose itself is far too short to actually allow this. Great to see them get back in their car and have to re-park at it.

Adults who cycle on the pavement - and expect you to get out of their way. :angry:

we have a bus stop at the end of our street,there are railings at the end of our street next to the bus stop and there's not a lot of room between them.

This afternoon some idiot on his bike talking on the phone almost knocked me over. :angry:

Bought a pair of jeans from jacamo and they were meant to be delivered yesterday. A leaflet was placed in my letter box saying that the delivery person called and has left my parcel in the flats outbuilding. I've checked the outbuilding and with all my neighbours and there is no sign of these jeans. I cant even call the delivery person as she hasn't left a contact number. I call jacamo and they say there is nothing they can do! So I'm down £50 for a pair of jeans which I've never owned!

Bought a pair of jeans from jacamo and they were meant to be delivered yesterday. A leaflet was placed in my letter box saying that the delivery person called and has left my parcel in the flats outbuilding. I've checked the outbuilding and with all my neighbours and there is no sign of these jeans. I cant even call the delivery person as she hasn't left a contact number. I call jacamo and they say there is nothing they can do! So I'm down £50 for a pair of jeans which I've never owned!

Just go out in your pants.

Contact your bank for a refund. You're covered by distance selling regulations so they should refund you fairly quickly.

You should be covered for anything ordered by phone, mail or t' internet.

Edited by fatbabyjake

I never knew that.

Cheers.

Nae bother. It's one of then few good things I learned from working in a bank.

Now a little bit of my soul dies every time I need to change how I work based on a clients possible net worth. Just because someone claims to be worth xyz million doesn't mean I should prioritise his Lithuanian mail order bride's application for an account.

That's my pttgoyn.

A leaflet was placed in my letter box saying that the delivery person called and has left my parcel in the flats outbuilding. I've checked the outbuilding and with all my neighbours and there is no sign of these jeans.

This reminds me of the week before the Dundee Utd v Ross County final. I'd ordered tickets through Ticketmaster for a few mates and I (one of which was a County fan) and I came home to one of those 'pick up at the depo' Royal Mail cards. Went up to the depo and they claimed they never had it and recorded delivery said that the tickets had been delivered. "How can it be delivered if I got a card?!" They weren't having it so I had to come back the next day (day before the final) to argue some more and it turns out that the package was indeed sitting in the depo the whole time and that some eejit had filed it under the first letter of my forename rather than my surname. This is Royal Mail we're talking about though. The County fan was going absolutely nuts as you can imagine.

More than a PTTGONYN but there isn't another suitable thread. A good friend received the call all us ex-pats dread last night, his father passed away. Heart attack. RIP :(

More than a PTTGONYN but there isn't another suitable thread. A good friend received the call all us ex-pats dread last night, his father passed away. Heart attack. RIP :(

Last week I got an email with the subject "urgent: your grandad". When you get something like that your heart pretty much stops and you immediately fear the worst. 'Thankfully' it was only an email about him falling over and breaking his hip. I really thought he'd gone. :(