Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Rail telephone staff telling you that your tickets will be ready to collect immediately only for you to hang about the station for over 3 hrsfor them to become available meaning you miss your trains and lose that away day you were looking forward to. :angry:

When you are standing at the front of a bus waiting to get off at the next stop and some eejit behind you still feels the need to press the button and ring the bell before they get up and stand behind you. Honestly, why? You are still gonna get off even if you don't press the button.

Edited by IainMorton

Folk that put up A4 size signs for events along the side of main roads. Do you really think people can read these whilst doing 70 mph?

Yeah, usually for car boot sales so you only see "Car Boot Sale" then you are half a mile past it!

When you are standing at the front of a bus waiting to get off at the next stop and some eejit behind you still feels the need to press the button and ring the bell before they get up and stand behind you. Honestly, why? You are still gonna get off even if you don't press the button.

I'd guess that buses in Glasgow differ to Sydney then? Here if you don't ring the bell then the bus don't stop, even if someone is stood next to the door.

I'd guess that buses in Glasgow differ to Sydney then? Here if you don't ring the bell then the bus don't stop, even if someone is stood next to the door.

No, even in Glasgow you are supposed to ring the bell to let the driver know you want to get off the bus. Some use a bit of common sense and guess that if you're standing by the door it's a little hint that you wish to alight, but if the bus is crowded it's not always clear. There are also some drivers that just won't stop if you've not pressed the button.

T Shirts. Why is it so difficult to buy a plain one?

I don't want some random shit written all over it.

This.

The fact that if I don't get over 8 hours sleep I'm completely shattered to the point where I'm falling asleep at work.

Parents (in the main women) who can't work out that when getting off a train with a pram or buggy THEY should get off first, then lower the pram down on to the platform. The amount of fuckwits I have seen either trapping the wheels between the train and platform, or almost tipping out an usecured kid, is frightening.

People who feel the need to take their mobile into the gym. It's obviously some attempt at seeming important, but succeeds only in making them look like a p***k.

I take mine to the gym and listen to music or the radio.

T Shirts. Why is it so difficult to buy a plain one?

I don't want some random shit written all over it.

Its really not that difficult. Topman do 2 for £12 in loads of colours, can be as plain as ye like in about 5 different types of t-shirt ;)

People who feel the need to take their mobile into the gym. It's obviously some attempt at seeming important, but succeeds only in making them look like a p***k.

A mate I sometimes go to the gym with does this, very annoying especially taking calls when we're meant to be doing something. Id never take my phone into the gym its my time, whatever it is can wait for an hour or so.

Our youngest cat was hit by a car last night. Had to get an emergency appointment at the Vet. Thankfully it could have been a lot worse, just light grazes on one rear leg, but on the other rear leg it looks like he might lose a toe or two. Just waiting to phone the Vet to find out when we can get him back. Poor wee thing :(

Guest The Phoenix

Our youngest cat was hit by a car last night. Had to get an emergency appointment at the Vet. Thankfully it could have been a lot worse, just light grazes on one rear leg, but on the other rear leg it looks like he might lose a toe or two. Just waiting to phone the Vet to find out when we can get him back. Poor wee thing :(

:(

Hope you get him back in one piece. :ph34r:

Being constantly told it's shocking how young soldiers are getting killed in Afghanistan and the like. Yes it's crap for their friends and families, and a bit of a dubious war etc, but those who sign up are well aware of the risks before they do.

Its an occupational hazard.

That may seem harsh, but its true.

I often start my baked tattie in the Micro, then pop it into the oven. I do not know what i did tonight but i must have stuck the timer on the Micro to 50 mins instead of 5. The place is full of acrid smoke. I have the windows and doors open. God what a mess. Tattie is ruined as well.....going for a Kebab.

^^^^^^ Kirk Broadfoot