Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Barcelona are a fantastic team but some of the commentary was awful, a hopeful ball punted up the park easily dealt with by the Barca defence and passed forward. "See how quickly the get the ball back" really, you know sometimes they are just playing by the numbers and not being magical but every kick of the ball was met with "oh yes, brilliant" and my favourite after a missed pass "they he's human after all".

I got an A in Higher History in my 6th year. Remembered f**k all quotes so I made mine up to suit my argument. Used my friend's names as historians.

I used to do the same by combining NFL players names.

You wont believe how much marks Eli Mcnabb got me on the Civil rights movement biggrin.gif

This is really petty but it does my fucking nut in when people come away with "America has 52 states". Er naw, it has 50 ya dobber "Ah but what about Alaska and Hawaii?" They are 2 of the 50 states FOR f**k SAKE! I usually look like the "y u no" guy whilst having this conversation.

This is really petty but it does my fucking nut in when people come away with "America has 52 states". Er naw, it has 50 ya dobber "Ah but what about Alaska and Hawaii?" They are 2 of the 50 states FOR f**k SAKE! I usually look like the "y u no" guy whilst having this conversation.

I have NEVER heard someone say that the US has 52 states, Might I suggest you hang about with thick people?

I have NEVER heard someone say that the US has 52 states, Might I suggest you hang about with thick people?

Have you not? I seen someone on a gameshow recently fail epically because of that. My history teacher from Secondary School swore by it to the point I had to show her on the internet. I also had this very argument yesterday with my Sociology lecturer and more students supported his side. It's a very common error I've came across. :unsure: You may be right I'm just far too intellectually superior to my peers. (Don't worry I'm not that full of myself).

hes from aberdeen ... nuff said

Your a funny one. Noticed yer team was Rangers so I was going to do a Glasgow based slagging however this would be rather pointless and I feel slagging you would be a bit harsh seeing as you must be going through a tough time right now ;) .

I also had this very argument yesterday with my Sociology lecturer and more students supported his side.

Well that explains it.

Disclaimer: I do not condone snobbery over educational courses, unless it's something really shit like David Beckham studies or parapsychology.

people who complain about petty things that annoy them :rolleyes:

Well that's a super spectacular fucking fail considering you're complaining about an incredibly petty thing yourself.

It has 51 you are forgetting about pearl Harbour.

Football comentators who can't pronounce players names right, currently on channel 5 LlorentO? plays for Atletic Bilbao. I know its not much but they get paid a fortune and the least I expect from them is to be able to say the players names.

this fucking diet ain't went to plan today. 2 meat and tattie pies, a yorkie and a caramel, chips, chicken madras, chicken tikka, pakora, nan bread, Ben and jerrys caramel ice cream and now on my 6th bottle of San miguel

Edited by heedthebaa

this fucking diet ain't went to plan today. 2 meat and tattie pies, a yorkie and a caramel, chips, chicken madras, chicken tikka, pakora, nan bread, Ben and jerrys caramel ice cream and now on my 6th bottle of San miguel

laugh.gif

There's the rub. If you had started out on the beer things would have turned out for the better.