Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

What warning lights are showing and was it a main dealer you took it to?

It was the local garage that did the MOT and rightly didn't want to dabble as they were not qualified.

So it's now booked in with the dealer on Thursday morning.

Here we go.

Eng, 3

Cem, 1

Air bag, 2

Instrument, 1

Immobiliser, 4

O/S/F poor 1

O/S/R poor 1

Aux heater, 1

I have no idea what some of the references are, but it still smells of ££££££

Just heard an American woman on the news describing the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. She twice said there was debris strewn across the road but pronounced it 'deebriss'.

Either she wrongly thinks that's how it's pronounced or it's yet another example of the yanks b*****disation of the English language.

I'll go for the former.

Just heard an American woman on the news describing the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. She twice said there was debris strewn across the road but pronounced it 'deebriss'.

Either she wrongly thinks that's how it's pronounced or it's yet another example of the yanks b*****disation of the English language.

I'll go for the former.

:lol:

I'll go for the former.

It was possibly a circumcision that went wrong.

Sitting watching Reading game and fancy a wee flutter on the draw whilst the game is 4-0, check online and I'm getting 25/1 the draw and put a fiver on it. Just as I go to hit the button Arsenal score and odds drop to 16s, I decide not to bother.

I'm watching a documentary on 'gay conversion therapy' in California.

It would be amusing were it not for the very real possibility of some of these guys killing themselves after a life in denial. They are clearly gay and there's no fucking therapy on earth could make them otherwise.

Sitting watching Reading game and fancy a wee flutter on the draw whilst the game is 4-0, check online and I'm getting 25/1 the draw and put a fiver on it. Just as I go to hit the button Arsenal score and odds drop to 16s, I decide not to bother.

I got 18-1 at 4-1 and put a few quid on it. It was a sure fire bet in my mind.

Unimaginatives on the Word Association thread just sticking down opposites (e.g.'bad' to follow 'good')

That's a shame, it's such a valuable part of the forum as well. Shame that folk are ruining it.

Why are posters adopting the habit of using an abbreviation such as IMO then spelling out what the abbreviation means. I think there's one or two who have done it because they think it's funny (it's not) but it is now becoming common practice.

The whole point of an abbreviation is that you are abbreviating. If this practice continues it will need an area of the Amazon rain forrest the size of Wales to be destroyed every hour to cope with all the additional cyber paper used.

It is also a widely known fact that people who adopt this parctice are Beasts and will be outed as such.

Stop it now.

Why are posters adopting the habit of using an abbreviation such as IMO then spelling out what the abbreviation means. I think there's one or two who have done it because they think it's funny (it's not) but it is now becoming common practice.

The whole point of an abbreviation is that you are abbreviating. If this practice continues it will need an area of the Amazon rain forrest the size of Wales to be destroyed every hour to cope with all the additional cyber paper used.

It is also a widely known fact that people who adopt this parctice are Beasts and will be outed as such.

Stop it now.

^^^ seething IMO (in my opinion)

Stop it now.

Loosen up, Susan.

This time of year irritates the f**k out of me.

First you've got weans knocking the door looking for their halloween, which is fine, except these day the little pipsqueaks don't actually want to tell a joke or anything, they just stand there and hold their hands out. Then they look at you like you're some type of faecal matter when you hand them a handful of sweets - some even ask 'where's the money?'. Get yourselves to f**k - you're lucky I don't Savile you into next week.

Then there's the thick neds with the firework obsessions. My next door neighbour had a halloween party on Saturday night. Once he'd got enough Buckfast down him he was out in his back garden throwing fireworks around as though having all ten fingers was just an inconvenience.

He's thirty.