Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, and I'm sure many others have brought it up, but people with trolleys who use the self checkouts should be shot on the spot to stop their clearly defective genetic material being passed on.

Are they nicking stuff by not scanning it? Otherwise why bother, it's quicker having the person scanning and you packing if it's anything bigger than a basket full.

This is another one of my pet hates. Spending millions on safety devices that don't improve safety in the slightest and just annoy people.

E.g railings forcing you to use certain road crossings.

I knew the green cross code when I was 4. I am actually capable of crossing the road without government supervision. I don't need to be herded into a crossing area that just wastes time.

here is a kid whoi could have been killed because of these stupid railings

With you up until your link which shoots you argument in the foot by making it clear that some people do indeed need protecting from themselves.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, and I'm sure many others have brought it up, but people with trolleys who use the self checkouts should be shot on the spot to stop their clearly defective genetic material being passed on.

Right, so is it acceptable if there aren't enough checkouts open?? I had to use the self scanners with a trolley tonight, there were only 5 checkouts open, which is ridiculous for a weekday evening, especially when it's the end of the month (for folk getting paid) as well.

It doesn't say anywhere the self scanners are basket only. I regularly use them with a trolley cause the queue is always smaller on account of morons not wanting to use them because they can't work them.

Up ye.

Are they nicking stuff by not scanning it? Otherwise why bother, it's quicker having the person scanning and you packing if it's anything bigger than a basket full.

I don't work at a supermarket.

Right, so is it acceptable if there aren't enough checkouts open?? I had to use the self scanners with a trolley tonight, there were only 5 checkouts open, which is ridiculous for a weekday evening, especially when it's the end of the month (for folk getting paid) as well.

No.

The point is that there is no room for trolleys in the self serve area most of the time. They get in the way of everyone else. And of course some fannies with massive trolley loads take years scanning stuff through.

I don't work at a supermarket.

No.

The point is that there is no room for trolleys in the self serve area most of the time. They get in the way of everyone else. And of course some fannies with massive trolley loads take years scanning stuff through.

There is plenty of room at the Tesco I use. In fact the staff have encouraged me to take a trolley to self service when the standard check outs are busy on many an occasion.

Therefore, you are talking rot my man.

There is plenty of room at the Tesco I use. In fact the staff have encouraged me to take a trolley to self service when the standard check outs are busy on many an occasion.

Therefore, you are talking rot my man.

Nah. To be fair I was basing this on the Asda at Halbeath in Dunfermline where the ailse for the self serve checkouts is quite narrow.

Nah. To be fair I was basing this on the Asda at Halbeath in Dunfermline where the ailse for the self serve checkouts is quite narrow.

It's Fife. They don't expect you to afford full trolleys of grub. ;)

For some bizarre reason the house phone number has changed all of a sudden without anyone knowing. Phoning the one we should have, someone else answers and phoning off the house phone shows a completely different number.

i hate it when you have a sink for cleaning dishes in that has a basin in it, then people fill the dishes up with dirty plates when they're too fucking lazy to clean them so then when it comes to cleaning them you need to take the dishes out the basin again to fill it up with water

i hate it when you have a sink for cleaning dishes in that has a basin in it, then people fill the dishes up with dirty plates when they're too fucking lazy to clean them so then when it comes to cleaning them you need to take the dishes out the basin again to fill it up with water

Eh? Why do you need to take the dishes out to fill.the basin?

It's a right pain when you need a pish too, unless you've no consideration for others.

People wearing poppies in October

People who start wearing them ridiculously early are clearly making sure that they make the cut-off point where they can't be accused of being disrespectful for not wearing one early enough. It's not enough to wear one on Remembrance Day, now you have to wear them for nearly a whole fucking month to show how brilliant you are at paying your respects, along with keeping the easily-offended brigade quiet.

I don't have a problem with people wearing them, but people like Eddie Jordan and James McClean getting a mountain of abuse for not wearing one for their own understandable reasons just makes me fucking hate this time of year.