Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My pal was a postie and told me he would do this on a common basis if it was a large parcel and he didn't want to carry it around.

I'm almost positive that was the reason he was sacked

I seen a documentary on this and it's common practice.

I say documentary but I really meant the postie in still game

If my postie tries to deliver a parcel and we aren't in he comes back an hour or so later to try again before handing it in to the sorting office. Good guy.

Almost everyone in my street seems to collect post for each other. The elderly around me are like constant CCTV so if there's a postie with a parcel, they'll know about it and will be straight out if they know somebody's away.

In fact, most people seem to have spare keys for each other's houses seeing as most have known each other for >30 years.

It was only a couple months after we'd moved in that our neighbours told us that they had forgotten they still had a set of keys for our house!

Edited by Hedgecutter

Being able to get a bus past Brechin on the A90 but never being able to stop there because it's a Citylink/Megabus from Aberdeen to Dundee.

The only other way to get there by public transport for match days takes over double the time and involves getting a train/bus to Montrose and then faffing around for half an hour before getting another bus over.

Being able to get a bus past Brechin on the A90 but never being able to stop there because it's a Citylink/Megabus from Aberdeen to Dundee.

The only other way to get there by public transport for match days takes over double the time and involves getting a train/bus to Montrose and then faffing around for half an hour before getting another bus over.

That's what you get for choosing to visit a place trapped in the 17th Century.

That's what you get for choosing to visit a place trapped in the 17th Century.

The Picts were far earlier than that, you of all people on here should know.

Anyway, I'll raise my original complaint: having a coach running 15 mins late and then pulling into the station to see your connecting bus reverse out of the stance right next to you.

I blame the driver for a needless tour of Dundee. :angry:

As if the coach half full of Weegies wasn't enough.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Defo. You can add "pee", "poo", "willy" and "bum" to the list. Cringeworthy.

What do you prefer to those? Would you rather people constantly cursing? Willy is fair enough, but the others are all commonly used acceptable words.

People who wear Muay Thai shorts at the gym when they aren't in a training session has moved up in my gym hate list over people who wear full football kit, it just seems to be an excuse to let everyone know that you are hard and do a niche sport when in reality it highlights that you are a throbber of the highest order. What's wrong with normal shorts ffs?

The same person I saw today also started taking selfies on an ipad, is doing combat sports just about letting everyone else know you kick/punch people for fun so dinnae mess rather than actually being any good at it.

Seeing the rants about postmen make me grateful that we have a good one,he'll try deliver it a second time and if not successful he'll put it round the back somewhere and say so on the we missed you card.

As for what annoys me,I don't see it as petty but just about everyone I know does. People eating loudly,honest to god, it can make me so angry to the point I have to leave the room or I'm going to punch them in the face. My mum is by far the worst. I refuse to sit next to her when she's eating. Surely I'm not alone in being annoyed by this?

People who wear Muay Thai shorts at the gym when they aren't in a training session has moved up in my gym hate list over people who wear full football kit, it just seems to be an excuse to let everyone know that you are hard and do a niche sport when in reality it highlights that you are a throbber of the highest order. What's wrong with normal shorts ffs?

The same person I saw today also started taking selfies on an ipad, is doing combat sports just about letting everyone else know you kick/punch people for fun so dinnae mess rather than actually being any good at it.

Sounds like mhak.

Anyone who takes selfies on an ipad at the gym deserves to be kicked and punched for fun, that is abhorrent behaviour.

Anyone who takes selfies on an ipad at the gym deserves to be kicked and punched for fun, that is abhorrent behaviour.

But he does Mauy Thai. Haven't you heard...

What do you prefer to those? Would you rather people constantly cursing? Willy is fair enough, but the others are all commonly used acceptable words.

Pee isn't as bad as poo. Poo is the noise a child makes when they smell it. It's not to be used by grown adults describing bodily movements.