Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When I worked in Safeway I was usually stocking the shelves in the crisp and sweets section. A packet of swedgers would always get "accidentally" burst open during my shift.

Safeway, Showing your age*

also worked in Safeway

Workmates or just people in general who call others quiet or weird because you don't fawn over their attention seeking antics.

Yes you're a histrionic, narcissitic possibly borderline saddist but please don't project your insecurity onto me.

I'm quiet because I don't need the constant pats on the head like a dog and small talk or boring innuendo laden pishy banter.

Talk to me about something interesting rather than the same loop of your insecurities please.

I've tried to talk about something other than football, weather or tits and you got whooshed and made to feel uncomfortable so now I'm weird.

Ok then, I'm weird.

Couldn't have put this any better myself. I've lost count of the amount of times people, usually in the pub, have asked me "why so quiet?" or "what's up with you?" just because I'm not stotting about acting like a c**t, back-slapping strangers and participating in the inane 'banter'.

This new thing at the end of film trailers when they say the date instead of saying "June Thirteenth" They say "June Thirteen".

It boils my fucking piss.

This is also infuriating. It's bad enough when said in a dramatic Hollywood accent but I hear it all the time on local radio advertising and it sounds awful when spoken by someone Scottish.

My proudest moment in a previous job was telling some gobby cow she wasn't getting the product at the incorrectly advertised price. 99% of the time you'd give them the discount, but as soon as she started banging on about fictional laws (including, as you say, "false advertising") and her threatening to contact trading standards, my mind was made up and I took great delight in telling her that she was still under no obligation to buy the product at the increased price if she didn't want to. She picked up her broomstick and stormed out the shop and I never saw her again.

She might not have a leg to stand on with trading standards, but a lot of companies have this "law" as company policy. When I worked for a local convenience store I got a warning because some boot complained to head office when I didn't sell a four pack of tuna for 99p. The tuna wasn't even ticketed at 99p, but someone* had stacked them in the 99p section by accident.

*ETA: probably me

Edited by Barrfields_Largs

I frequently see bottles of juice with a price on the shelf which is higher than the price on the bottle itself (ie printed on the Irn Bru label by Barrs themselves, you know the type). Only once have I been charged the 'shop advertised' price but when I queried it, they admitted error.

What's the situation with that (almost reverse) one? Do they have to give you the on-bottle price?

PS. My hidden rebellious side always admires places that sell off 'not for individual resale' multipack cans individually. Rife at galas, beer tents etc.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Living in Thailand & watching LIVE sport, it's trying to say the least...c'mon Murray...world cup ffs I'll be dead before the final.

Fcuk off! You're getting no sympathy from me! :P;)

Workmates or just people in general who call others quiet or weird because you don't fawn over their attention seeking antics.

Yes you're a histrionic, narcissitic possibly borderline saddist but please don't project your insecurity onto me.

I'm quiet because I don't need the constant pats on the head like a dog and small talk or boring innuendo laden pishy banter.

Talk to me about something interesting rather than the same loop of your insecurities please.

I've tried to talk about something other than football, weather or tits and you got whooshed and made to feel uncomfortable so now I'm weird.

Ok then, I'm weird.

^^^weirdo

;)

Couldn't have put this any better myself. I've lost count of the amount of times people, usually in the pub, have asked me "why so quiet?" or "what's up with you?" just because I'm not stotting about acting like a c**t, back-slapping strangers and participating in the inane 'banter'.

Haw, it's *insert name here* where you been aw week? Workin' aye? You see the game? Hang oan there's *insert name here* where you been aw week? Workin' aye? You see the game? What's wrang wi *insert name here*? Did he no see the game?

Also calling everyone 'big man' or asking people if they are 'oan the backshift' if 10 secs late just to point out there lateness to everyone. 'haw calm doon, what's wrang wi ye?' 'wee man was offy quiet at break'

No wonder some people just switch off to this, surprised the enablers and others can't switch off also.

167919d1384855087-vz-vs-ve-nice-big-cup-

Disabled pigeons. You know, the stupid ones who have either perched on live cables and got their feet melted to f**k and go hobbling and falling all over the place like jaked oot mentalists or the other ones who have managed to become entwined in fishing line and go hobbling and falling all over the place like jaked oot mentalists.

Come on pigeons, FFS, get with the programme.

:huh:

Disabled pigeons. You know, the stupid ones who have either perched on live cables and got their feet melted to f**k and go hobbling and falling all over the place like jaked oot mentalists or the other ones who have managed to become entwined in fishing line and go hobbling and falling all over the place like jaked oot mentalists.

Come on pigeons, FFS, get with the programme.

:huh:

Used to see a lot of them in Kent that had obviously been made disabled by humans...bodies tied up with wire, bits of metal jammed through their beaks so they couldn't open them, that kind of thing. Lots lying around in the street that looked like they'd been kicked to death. Bunch of fucking savages in that town.

At first sight that law seems unfair, but I've caught people switching price tags around in a charity shop before.

I seen a lassie at the whoopsie bit of asda putting a cheaper sticker on her item and then using the self serve to pay the cheaper price.

Proper sub human scum behaviour.

Funnily enough, I saw something really sad, pigeon related in Kent.

Two of the horrible little gits were stotting along the Medway bank in tonbridge as I was enjoying an evening pint in a beer garden.

One of them, let's assume it was the male, slipped and fell in the river. He surfaced, and tried to climb, soaked, back out onto the muddy bank. Of course, he could not, despite frantic attempts while the female looked concerned and helpless. He then spent ten horrible minutes getting weaker and weaker, and eventually slipped under the water and drifted downstream. The female looked stricken and walked along beside him for a bit before disappearing.

I'm no friend of pigeons, but it was horrible to see.

PS they were on the other side of the river and there was no way I could help him.

Funnily enough, I saw something really sad, pigeon related in Kent.

Two of the horrible little gits were stotting along the Medway bank in tonbridge as I was enjoying an evening pint in a beer garden.

One of them, let's assume it was the male, slipped and fell in the river. He surfaced, and tried to climb, soaked, back out onto the muddy bank. Of course, he could not, despite frantic attempts while the female looked concerned and helpless. He then spent ten horrible minutes getting weaker and weaker, and eventually slipped under the water and drifted downstream. The female looked stricken and walked along beside him for a bit before disappearing.

I'm no friend of pigeons, but it was horrible to see.

PS they were on the other side of the river and there was no way I could help him.

I am that much of a soft c**t for animals I honestly reckon I would've jumped in to try and save it.

The cleaner at the gym I use who has no sense of personal space. I've lost count of the number of times I've accidentally elbowed him because he's wandered up behind me when I'm using a machine and I haven't realised. Even given that hint that he's standing a bit too close, there's no chance of him moving. On the plus side we're into summer now, which means a few weeks break from his monologues on how Rangers did at the weekend/Rangers chances on Saturday (he tends to switch between the two on a Thursday morning).