Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The Sunday Post's "Do me a favour" section (today's posted below).

Just fucking google it and find it yourselves you lazy old person.

In addition, letters like Ann Currie's.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1401643441.988581.jpg

So it's OK for Sebu to ask for a scarf, but this old dear cant ask for craft material? :lol:

Scumbags vandalising / spoiling spots by attaching pishy little inscribed padlocks to them.

Folk who ask for steak in a restaurant and just sit back waiting for the question "and how would you like that?".

Scumbags vandalising / spoiling spots by attaching pishy little inscribed padlocks to them.

Folk who ask for steak in a restaurant and just sit back waiting for the question "and how would you like that?".

Weird, but about the only time I stutter is when I'm asked that question. The times I've asked for medium rare and got a totally raw piece of meat, or a a bit of charcoal when I've asked for medium, flash through my mind, and I go mumumum... oh fk it, I'll have the fish..

Weird, but about the only time I stutter is when I'm asked that question. The times I've asked for medium rare and got a totally raw piece of meat, or a a bit of charcoal when I've asked for medium, flash through my mind, and I go mumumum... oh fk it, I'll have the fish..

I find it an absolute lottery when ordering steak. I''d ideally want it medium but asking for this can result in anything from rare to well done.

Also on this subject, people who get on their high horse about how others like their steak and seem to think that how rare you like it is some kind of measure of manhood.

I was out with a group recently and one guy ordered a blue steak, was presented with a raw slab of meat and promptly sent it back for being too well done. I'm sure it was all for show in front of the other guys as he only ate half of it, claiming it wasn't very nice. In reality he probably felt like a bit of a tit for ordering it.

It baffles me how restaurants can get steaks so completely wrong. The wife and I both ordered medium steaks from TGI Fridays in Gateshea recently. Mines was perfect - hers was rare. So we sent it back and it returned - medium rare.

Yeah it's a complete lottery. I agree about folk being cuntish about how folk like it cooked too. Whenever someone orders a well done steak there's always that one arsehole who goes off on one about it ruining the meat etc, if someone is paying £20 for a fillet steak they'll have it how they like it, now piss off!

If you are too important and busy you can't turn your phone off for two hours then don't going to the cinema and annoy everybody else that is there to watch the movie without being annoyed by your ringtone and phone lighting up constantly.......arseholes

It baffles me how restaurants can get steaks so completely wrong. The wife and I both ordered medium steaks from TGI Fridays in Gateshea recently. Mines was perfect - hers was rare. So we sent it back and it returned - medium rare.

There used to be a restaurant where I lived in Wales who got it spot on every time. I met the head chef in a pub once after he'd finished, and asked him how he did it, and got his assistants to do it when he wasn't there. Basically it was fry on a hot frying pan for a minute or so each side, then bung it in the oven for the number of minutes needed for well done, medium, medium rare etc. He told me the list but I didn't write it down, like the cnut I am. Think it was about 12 minutes for medium, at a fairly low temperature, maybe 150.

P.S. The perfect steak for me is when you stick your fork in and just a wee dribble of dark red blood and fat oozes out.

Don't even know what to ask for to get that anymore.

Edited by welshbairn

There used to be a restaurant where I lived in Wales who got it spot on every time. I met the head chef in a pub once after he'd finished, and asked him how he did it, and got his assistants to do it when he wasn't there. Basically it was fry on a hot frying pan for a minute or so each side, then bung it in the oven for the number of minutes needed for well done, medium, medium rare etc. He told me the list but I didn't write it down, like the cnut I am. Think it was about 12 minutes for medium, at a fairly low temperature, maybe 150.

P.S. The perfect steak for me is when you stick your fork in and just a wee dribble of dark red blood and fat oozes out.

You're lucky, you've got a steak restaurant on Bridge St (looks like a cafe) that does some of the best steaks I've ever tasted in Scotland. Perfect every time.