Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

In my health board the policy is to not let unsuccessful candidates know, this is to save on postage.

Pretty sure it's stated on the application form that if you haven't heard after 7 days of the closing date that its been unsuccessful.

I've always thought if an email address is given it wouldn't take long to copy and paste a standard letter of rejection.

It took me 2 weeks to hear I had provisionally been offered my job, then a further 3 weeks to have it confirmed.

Most nerve wracking experience ever

People who insist on feeding birds when living near fields.

Woken up at five am with a dawn chorus that's deafening.

Bird shit all over the garden, car and windows.

Aren't they cute though...

Got a new watch today, forgot to take it off in the shower.

f**k

I got a Brietling watch as a gift in October last year. It cost £4200 so I thought I'd see what I could get for it in Watches of Switzerland in Argyll Arcade in Glasgow last week - £1500!

Hilarious. Looks like I'll be keeping it for a rainy day.

I swore at some fuckwit for doing that yesterday. She was talking on her phone then stopped suddenly.

It should be legal to punch people who do that in the spine, or at least knee then in the back of their knee.

It should be legal to punch people who do that in the spine, or at least knee then in the back of their knee.

I'm in no way a violent man but in such circumstances I agree. There was a group of us walking down some stairs in a shopping mall and the fuckwit just stops.

I saw a worse example about 10 mins later, very busy pedestrian area and this twat just stops, and bends down to tie his shoe! How about using some common sense and move the the side so you don't get trampled?

I got a Brietling watch as a gift in October last year. It cost £4200 so I thought I'd see what I could get for it in Watches of Switzerland in Argyll Arcade in Glasgow last week - £1500!

Hilarious. Looks like I'll be keeping it for a rainy day.

Fucking hell, you were given a £4200 watch as a gift?! Who or what do you know?!

People with prams or buggies in shops who aren't actually buying anything. In theory I've no issue with this, but there seems to be some sort of law that they all must stand in the most inconveient places and block aisles or hold up queues they aren't actually in. Get the f**k outside or tie your pram/buggy to a lamp post or something like you'd do with a dog.

Edited by DA Baracus

Fucking hell, you were given a £4200 watch as a gift?! Who or what do you know?!

My bruv-in-law is absolutely minted. In his drive he's got a Range Rover Vogue, a Maserati, a 6.3 Merc AMG and last month he picked up his Ferrari. Top boy.

People with prams or buggies in shops who aren't actually buying anything. In theory I've no issue with this, but there seems to be some sort of law that they all must stand in the most inconveient places and block aisles or hold up queues they aren't actually in. Get the f**k outside or tie your pram/buggy to a lamp post or something like you'd do with a dog.

Funniest thing I ever saw in Glasgow's Duke Street was the lassie chaining her buggy to a post whilst she went into the shop - leaving her bairn in the buggy.

Golf commentary

"Ooooh just another few inches/foot/to the right/left/longer and that would have been an excellent/amazing/brilliant result"

Aye? So could my whole golf career, instead of getting to a 7 handicap I could have been the Open winner!

Funniest thing I ever saw in Glasgow's Duke Street was the lassie chaining her buggy to a post whilst she went into the shop - leaving her bairn in the buggy.

Outstanding. I think I'd respect that woman.

I don't disagree with you. But on the flipside, having taken my nephews and niece up the street in a buggy I have to say that folk can be f*cking arseholes and won't make any effort to move out the way. The same applies for wheelchairs. I don't think for one second buggies or wheelchairs have 'right of way' up the street, but it's easier for able bodied folk to move out the way than it is to manouvre those things.

I have to say though, when I was in Dundee with my nana she was in a wheelchair and the folk in shops couldn't have been anymore curtious. In a coffee shop one guy helped us in. Another offered to move from his table that was closer to the door; even though he had his laptop and all his stuff set out on the table. Good folk.