Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

You'd think that's like tossing a coin in that it's a 50% average if you did it 100 times. If I was to actually record the amount of times this happens to me though I think it would be around 90% of the time that I open it instruction side.

I have to sign in all the meds at work and it f&cking infuriates me. I just stick a bit of tape on the instruction side after I've finished signing them in. That doesn't prevent the initial opening, but it prevents further rage when it comes to dispensing. While we are on that topic; a PTTGOMN is folk putting empty strips back into packets!

See also:

Finding around 7 packets of the same medication open, usually paracetamol.

Finding a strip that goes "empty blister, full blister, full, empty, empty, full" etc. Just take the next fucking tablet in the strip! *seething*

The speculation is that it was due to him being passed over as David Letterman's replacement but he insists he never wanted that job anyway. The official line is simply that he was tired and just fancied doing something else. Certainly, the few times I was up late enough to check out 'The Late, Late Show' in the later years, it appeared he was just dialing it in. Painfully unfunny.

He's lined up to host some crappy looking game show soon.

Cheers - never thought about the Letterman gig - probably a wise move for him and Geoff to move on to something else at this stage.

As part of my job I'm required to enter rented houses. Today I encountered a flat that was in a pretty bad state of disrepair, class A hoarder and apparently fleas and other bugs have been noted before as a problem.

I've felt itchy for the last 4 hours and I can't work out if it's psychological or not. :(

As part of my job I'm required to enter rented houses. Today I encountered a flat that was in a pretty bad state of disrepair, class A hoarder and apparently fleas and other bugs have been noted before as a problem.

I've felt itchy for the last 4 hours and I can't work out if it's psychological or not. :(

Have a shower, you smelly mink

Sold a smartphone on ebay. Had a spare battery so through that in to sweeten the deal.

Went to the PO on Friday. Was told I couldn't send the battery unless it was in the actual device. I asked how I would send two someone 1 phone and 2 batteries. They had no idea.

So I had to rush to another PO and tell them a pack of lies in order to get the bloody thing sent.

I'm now convinced that they'll scan my parcel, discover the rogue battery, hunt me down to my work and throw me in the cells under some prevention of terrorism law. Meanwhile, some grumpy bird down in England won't have received the phone I promised her and will give me my first negative feedback on ebay. What a life.

Holy crap, you can't send batteries through the mail any more? That's me humped whenever the wife's laptop needs a replacement :(

Also, how on earth have you managed to avoid negative feedback on Ebay? Some lunatic vicar neg'd me once because he'd bought something from me at 2pm and it hadn't arrived by 5pm on the same day :blink: Got a whole host of stories about mentalist Ebay users. Someone should start a thread.

Being sick and depressed.

Also, our address is (vaguely) similar to another in the town, although totally different names, and we regularly get their mail for some reason. I take it to the other address out of courtesy, but they never return the favour, and wouldn't even buzz me into their building to give them their last misplaced parcel. Tried returning it to the sorting office, and it came back to us again :lol:

We've had a load of missing mail in the last few months; not hard to guess why. Their stuff is going in the bucket from now on.

On a similar note I hate people who really are ill yet still come into the work place, f**k off home, stop spreading your germs

Going another step further, people who come in to work with the lurgy, spread it around to the rest of the office, then bitch and moan about how untermensch everybody else is for not working at 100% efficiency/taking time off/dying. Then spending their time whining about how the wage structure should be geared towards penalising those who take sick days ("it's just a coincidence that it's been five years since I was ill"), including a long public rant at the company AGM.

Are these common, or was I lucky?

Another version of this that seems to be the domain of the English is "bias" instead of "biased" IE "the cakes I made are great, but I'm bias" and "draws" instead of "drawers" IE "I put your socks in the draws". Idiotic and infuriating.

Your examples imply that you have zome issues viz your mother.

Please, lie down on ze couch unt tell us more, dear boy.