Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sounds like it'd be to the benefit of your mental health to stop inviting them to things. Seems to me like they enjoy having their wee GIRUY moments, so don't give them the opportunity.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it affects my mental health, an irritation is all it is. At the end of the day, I'll continue to invite them all to family events, as it reflects badly on me if I don't. If they choose not to come then that's their look out and it's them who end up looking bad, I won't make myself look bad in turn.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it affects my mental health, an irritation is all it is. At the end of the day, I'll continue to invite them all to family events, as it reflects badly on me if I don't. If they choose not to come then that's their look out and it's them who end up looking bad, I won't make myself look bad in turn.

Fair enough, but don't chase them up, for Christ's sake. It's not your job.

f**k them. Stop inviting them and when they ask why tell them because they don't bother to turn up or even have the decency to tell you they're not coming.

f**k them. Stop inviting them and when they ask why tell them because they don't bother to turn up or even have the decency to tell you they're not coming.

I'd genuinely rather invite them and have them not turn up, that way I'm damning them with their own lack of effort, rather than damning them by my actions.

The fact that I have successfully managed to move all my stuff up from Essex back to Edinburgh in one day but somehow managed to lose my charger for my new MacBook.

Could be a heads gone contender with this as I am utter fucking raging.

^^^ head well and truly gone.

Looking online to get a replacement, utterly seething at the £65 for a charger.

Checked my hand luggage which is where the charger was when I packed it.

Despite having checked the bag 10 times where was the charger? At the bottom of the f**king bag.

Came into the office this morning with a bacon roll and everyone pipes up "oh where's mine" and "he's trying to hide it from us" despite me eating it in full view at my desk.

Yeah I'm really going to spend £20 of my own money on buying everyone in the office bacon rolls.

F**k off

You should have bought a load of them and put them all up your arse. Then when anyone asks for one you can make a big show of removing it from your arse.

They'll soon stop asking. If one of them eats one, marry them.

Could you be a bit more specific?

I'm not on Facebook but I believe 'Vaguebooking' is when you post a vague status as an attention seeking exercise so others ask 'what's up', 'are you ok?' etc.

I read the depression thread out of general curiosity and because it's nice to see folk opening up about their problems and others offering good practical advice.

Then there are posts like 'had a terrible day', 'done something I regret' and the like. If that was some woman on Facebook you'd be making a wanker gesture at the screen after reading.

Edited by Fudge

I'm not on Facebook but I believe 'Vaguebooking' is when you post a vague status as an attention seeking exercise so others ask 'what's up', 'are you ok?' etc.

I read the depression thread out of general curiosity and because it's nice to see folk opening up about their problems and others offering good practical advice.

Then there are posts like 'had a terrible day', 'done something I regret' and the like. If that was some woman on Facebook you'd be making a w****r gesture at the screen after reading.

You should talk to ICTChris. I hear he's a bad person.