Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That reminds. The song jailbreak.

Tonight there's going to be a jailbreak/

Somewhere in this town

At the fucking prison I would have thought.

1976, a 13-year old Shotgun was slumbering his way through his school lessons. One teacher, a little more inspired than the others, attempted to get us interested in poetry by encouraging us to pay attention to song lyrics and try to see if we could understand the meaning behind the song. As a homework assignment, we were instructed to do this for the ditty of our own choice.

Most of the half-wits in my class listened to Showaddywaddy or Abba or whatever other crap was in the charts at the time. Me? I was edgy as f**k so decided to show off my musical maturity by using my recently purchased copy of "Jailbreak" by Thin Lizzy. I fired up my cassette player, put in my earphone (singular) and for the first time, really listened to the words.

I ended up writing about Rod Stewart's "Sailing" instead. *

* A scathing indictment of the systematic oppression of 13-year olds in the north-of-England educational system under the Callaghan government.

Drove to work (not far) to open my laptop bag & find no charger.

Turn on laptop to find it needs charged 7% left (15 sec).

Drove back home to find charger, no charger in the house.

Phoned Mrs Slippery (mmm) 10 yes fucking (ten) missed calls later she phones back. 1 hour later. Sorry sound was turned off.

"wheres the charger?" Oh I took it to work to give to my friend as she need one the same as ours. WOT!!111!!

I now have to drive into town to buy a new charger.

Can't find motorcycle helmet.

Went next door to borrow a helmet, found MY helmet.

Got into town bought charger (starting to breath normally again).

Thought I'd get some breakfast (10:00am). Went to my favourite little noodle bar.

c**t had a new recipe and added bread crumbs. Ate half and left.

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have great day :(

Edited by SlipperyP

The shower in my bathroom has packed in, i have to use the en-suite which the Mrs uses and i never go in.

She is generally quite tidy, but this place is a fucking tip, make up everywhere, all sorts of hair products, straighteners left lying on the floor and about 6 or 7 bottles of perfume lying over the place.

Plus I forgot to take in my shower gel and had to use hers, i now smell of coconut and almonds. Which isn't a problem.

The shower in my bathroom has packed in, i have to use the en-suite which the Mrs uses and i never go in.

She is generally quite tidy, but this place is a fucking tip, make up everywhere, all sorts of hair products, straighteners left lying on the floor and about 6 or 7 bottles of perfume lying over the place.

Plus I forgot to take in my shower gel and had to use hers, i now smell of coconut and almonds. Which isn't a problem.

Pics etc.

Edited by Zen Archer