Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Cyclist in PTTGOYN shocker:

Peak time trip home, has choice of taking the designated cyclist-pedestrian pavement or the adjacent bus lane to cycle 10mph in.

Guess which one he took, ignoring bus driver tooting until he reached his junction.

How about this for a roundabout, It has parking spaces, yes parking spaces, just off the roundabout, which results in fucking arseholes reversing onto it, whilst pulling out, now I thought reversing onto a roundabout was illegal, Anyway if that ain't bad enough there is also a bus stop, and to top it all the fucking police station is also just off the roundabout, Do a Google earth, search on mintlaw and see the fucking set up.

It's mental. It seems they've built a town round an existing roundabout.

I was having a dream this morning that I had finished work and was on my way home, only to be woken by my alarm. To get up for work. Is this what it's like being an adult?

Not in my experience.

As an adult, I rarely manage to sleep until my alarm goes off, normally waking anything between 30s and an hour before that wonderful blaring noise.

Pttgoyn had to be when you wake up minutes before your alarm is set to go off. You feel robbed .

Or going to bed shattered to get a good 8/9 hours sleep, and your alarm going off about what seems like 3 seconds later. :(

Edited by IainMorton

Or going to bed shattered to get a good 8/9 hours sleep, and your alarm going off about what seems like 3 seconds later. :(

For me, the annoyance is if I wake up between 5-6am (that kind of no mans land when it's too early to get up but I worry if I fall back asleep then I will not wake up in time)

Mini roundabouts are a waste of everyone's fucking time.

What about mini-rolls then?

Grimbo

Eta I'm not talking about the very expensive 2 seater cars (with the occasional slight electrical fault) either.

Traffic lights should be banned in the UK.  All they do is cause massive queues, and they're never in sync with the ones 30 yards in front of them.  Roundabouts are the way forward IMO.

Also, If you want places for pedestrians to cross busy roads, stick a footbridge over the road or dig an underpass.  Keep the traffic fucking flowing lads.

Traffic lights should be banned in the UK.  All they do is cause massive queues, and they're never in sync with the ones 30 yards in front of them.  Roundabouts are the way forward IMO.

Also, If you want places for pedestrians to cross busy roads, stick a footbridge over the road or dig an underpass.  Keep the traffic fucking flowing lads.

Agreed. Traffic lights on roundabouts are the absolute sperm of the devil. A disgrace. See Bridge, Kessock, for more information.

Agreed. Traffic lights on roundabouts are the absolute sperm of the devil. A disgrace. See Bridge, Kessock, for more information.

Aberdeen is a world leader in placing traffic lights just after roundabouts so that a queue of traffic builds back onto the roundabout, blocking anyone who wishes to go elsewhere.