Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

At which point does it become acceptable to murder someone for chewing loudly in your presence? A c**t I work with chews gum with his mouth open which can be heard over driving down the motorway with the radio turned up and it makes me disproportionately angry. I sometimes consider driving off the road just to end it for both of us.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

At which point does it become acceptable to murder someone for chewing loudly in your presence? A c**t I work with chews gum with his mouth open which can be heard over driving down the motorway with the radio turned up and it makes me disproportionately angry. I sometimes consider driving off the road just to end it for both of us.

Get him telt; better for your health.

We had a terrifying lab assistant at college who would pop chewing gum between her teeth all day; it was like a whip-crack. You'd end up unable to think about anything other than when the next one was coming so you could avoid flinching like a big jessie. Naturally, we all took the manly option and...seethed silently until the trimester was over and she graduated  :unsure2:

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

No need for murder but legal execution of people who chew with an open mouth, who throw litter and who gob in the street is the mark of a civilised society.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Halloween.  Nipped in to Tesco after lunch for 50g of Golden Virginia and a pack of blue Rizla and the lassie in the fags/lottery/complaints booth was dressed as a witch.  What a sorry society we are.

I have no problem with people dressing up for Hallowe'en. I do, however, get extremely annoyed by people who do it on the wrong fucking day!

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I have no problem with people dressing up for Hallowe'en. I do, however, get extremely annoyed by people who do it on the wrong fucking day!

No no, Mr C.

Halloween is about going to a Boys Brigade event, dooking for apples, trying to bite soda scones with treacle on a string, getting a load of monkey nuts OR dressing up as a ghost and doing your party piece as you go from house to house in the hope of largess.

Forcing supermarket workers to dress as witches in the hope of selling tawdry good is utter shite.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

No no, Mr C.

Halloween is about going to a Boys Brigade event, dooking for apples, trying to bite soda scones on a string, getting a load of monkey nuts OR dressing up as a ghost and doing your party piece as you go from house to house in the hope of largess.

Forcing supermarket workers to dress as witches in the hope of selling tawdry good is utter shite.

So many euphemisms, so few Kenneth Williams pictures.

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Indeed. Anybody over the age of twelve who dresses up for Halloween should be publicly stoned.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Halloween.  Nipped in to Tesco after lunch for 50g of Golden Virginia and a pack of blue Rizla and the lassie in the fags/lottery/complaints booth was dressed as a witch.  What a sorry society we are.

I take it you were critical of her spelling?